NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rip felipe (my poodle)

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rip felipe (my poodle)
    Posted: April-13-2015 at 9:55pm
You know guys you are kind of like family, and as such i like to share with you the good things and the bad things.
Today i had one of those news you do not want to listen.
I was at works and recieved a voice mail of my wife telling me that our dog had been attack and had been killed.
I was shocked, felipe was a poodle and liked a lot to hang in the street alone. You opened the door and he went out to do his things. He was abĺe to go to my parent house by its own (6 blocks from my house) and back i we didn't go to pick him up in 1 day. Everyone in the hood knew him, he wouldn't let anyone touch him. And he was reckless with other dogs no matter the size. He had been attacked twice before this one, last one on the last new years eve.
So i returned home and burried him in the back yard. Waited for the kids to come from school and gave them the bad news. Very sad moment.
He was attacked in the street by a couole of dogs suppodsely from a rugby club 2 blocks away from home...nothing i can do i guess other than to warn the owner to watch for them, next time it could be a kid and thats another story...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2015 at 10:00pm
Seb,
I feel most of us have been through the loss of a pet. I have several times. It hurts no matter what they are since they become part of the family. Take it easy and someday when the time is correct, another will come along. Life goes on and we need to take it day by day.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2015 at 10:05pm
Thanks Pete, its my first lost, had been over some from my parent house also. But never this way.
He was very smart and young only 7 yo...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2015 at 10:06pm
Sorry to hear that Kap... Very sad.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2015 at 10:33pm
Kap, sorry to hear that. That's tough on everyone, especially the kids.

Interesting how you can let dogs roam down there. Where I grew up, dogs could roam as long as they were registered. Sometimes our dog was gone for a day and we had no idea where he was, but we never worried about him. Everyone in town knew him. He was out all night plenty of times. He developed prostate problems and the Vet told us not to let him out at night anymore, LOL. It's not like that here any more. There are state wide leash laws now. It's tough you lost him, but it sounds like he had a good life.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2015 at 10:44pm
Sorry for your loss Kap. Losing a four legged best friend is always tough.   

Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

nothing i can do i guess other than to warn the owner to watch for them, next time it could be a kid and thats another story...

Can't agree with this more. Just the thought makes my stomach turn now that we know first hand how helpless little ones are. Maddox loves dogs (or "bubbies" in Maddox speak) and it's terrifying when he chases dogs in public. Not all of them like kids and the outcome can be horrible.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 10:28pm
just saw this Kap...feel so bad for you & the family.

Jo the TN wonder dog is really slowing down and we can see the end coming. These 'pets' are so much a part of our lives.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2015 at 9:18am
Less than a month ago Obie died I still call his name. He was 12, I miss talking to him. Ya just got to love them everyday as much as they love you. (i'm crying at work & don't care)
So Sorry   
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2015 at 11:56pm
'Dog"...I still cry when I remember the Christmas night when my Springer Ms. Mindy passed...and that was 2001.

So don't feel bad.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic