NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You’re Invited: June 24 - Fireworks!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Redelf75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redelf75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You’re Invited: June 24 - Fireworks!
    Posted: May-18-2006 at 3:45pm
For a long time I've wanted to host an event on Candlewood Lake in western CT. Well, I guess I'm using the word host pretty loosly, as I don't have a home on the lake.

Candlewood is the largest lake in CT. It's great for riding but sking needs to limited to early morning or late evening. It large enough that it'll take most of the day to just cruise its shoreline checking out its beautiful homes. There are 2 great rope swings that draw large crowds. It's not uncommon to see a couple of sea planes doing touch 'n go's or a parasalor.

So during the day we ski, ride, tube, float, cruise... Around 4pm we gather for parade around the lake and end at the waterside restaurant, Down the Hatch for dinner. At 7pm we cruise to the front line to see the local fireworks - which ain't bad!

I can help with overnite accomodations.

June 24th!

How many would be interested in that?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 3:48pm
When? Sounds like fun!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 4:48pm
aahhhh Tim you might want to try and read the topic if you haven't already it might answer your question
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 6:33pm
Well when you put it right there in plain sight, how do you expect me to see it?
Redelf75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redelf75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 12:31am
SOrry TRB, I put in the body of the post too. No excuses.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 9:39am
Hey Red,

You forgot to metion the cliffs on Deer Island, or as we always refered to them "Chicken Rock".

Our place is at Holiday Point in Sherman, North end of the Lake, Wish I was going to be there that weekend, sounds like a good time. Planning on being there a few weeks in August, maybe we will see you then.

Regarding the sea planes, as a kid one summer we witnessed a "Touch and Go In", craziest thing I ever saw, fortunately all passengers where OK but what a yard sale that was.
Redelf75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redelf75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 10:31am
Quinner,

You moved to the midwest but still have the home on Candlewood? I'll be in Maine the first 2 weeks of Aug, but if you're in CT after that, please let us know.

I'm not know the cliffs, can you jump off them?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Redelf75 Redelf75 wrote:

I'm not know the cliffs, can you jump off them?

Sure you can. Now if there is any water below is a different question BKH
Livin' the Dream

Redelf75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redelf75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 10:38am
BKH,
or how far you can jump...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 1:31pm
You can jump however some people require a push. The cliffs are on the northernmost big island, west side, there is a rope swing right next to the cliffs also. The other photo is right in front of the cliffs looking due north.

Redelf75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redelf75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 1:52pm
Quinner,

That's you on the old Paragon! Nice shots. Thanks for the pics, I do know those cliffs!
BKH, Even I can hit water on those!
Redelf75 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redelf75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2006 at 3:52pm
Apparantly I had the wrong the date. The Fireworks are on July 1st. Sorry for the misinformation.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2006 at 10:21pm
Chris; Nice pics of the family. First time I have ever seen a Paragon on the water! Glad to see ya use her.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2006 at 9:56am
Thanks John,

Since it was new we used it to ski, foot, trick or whatever, it was a great boat and always attracted a lot of attention, in fact the photo's are at our place on Lake Candlewood CT which was about a 900 mi tow from home. The gentlemen I sold the Paragon to will be bringing her to Green Lake so you will get a chance to see the Paragon live on the water there, it sure is a beautiful boat!

Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic