NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

79 SN on eBay: $500

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 79 SN on eBay: $500
    Posted: May-18-2006 at 5:40pm
The seller only wants $1000 out of the boat.79 Nautique
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 8:47pm
You've got to check this guy's ad out. He doesnt know if its a '79 or '69....could be a '39 for all he knows. The only thing he's certain of is that he wants his wife off his back! I'm in New England, so I cant entertain giving him an offer. However, if I lived in Texas, I'd offer to take the boat off his hands for......FREE. I'm sure he'd be happy to give it to me just to keep his wife happy!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 9:05pm
Now if he was a true Correct Craft lover he'd give you his wife and keep the boat
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 9:15pm
Too funny. I just hope his wife is better maintained than his boat!

:)
pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 9:27pm
And I just sold the tique and have nothing to fix..and am in texas 100 miles away, and he will drive 50 of it....ok wheres the camera...this just dont happen to me..
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 10:25pm
Hi guys. I have been checking out the site for a while & thought I would register & join in the fun. Looks to me like he has a Barracuda ss. Not sure of the year though.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 10:58pm
Welcome aboard skicat.Do you own a cc? If not how about that Barracuda?
Scott
pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2006 at 11:08pm
Who can confirrm this model. I talked to the owner and he has clear t*tle to whatever year it is and in Texas that is a biggie when it comes to boats. I havent seen anything like it. im feeling ill, may have to call in sick, pleasure to meet you skicat.

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 12:29am
Looks like a late 60's baracuda SS or a mustang SS depending on the length...because he's off on the year, might be off on the length. SS for sure because of the center shift and controls.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 6:57am
I don't think it's a Mustang hull. It doesn't have the "swoop" from the 60's. The windshield is all wrong for the 60's too, but that could have been replaced.
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 7:54am
There is a 66 Barracuda in the diaries section that has the exact console & gauge configuration as this one. This one also has the ridges on the bow & transom areas like the Barracuda. My guess is 66-69 barracuda ss, with a replacement windshield & some fancy wood panels on the side!
Currently do not own a cc. I had a 71 Ski Nautique for 13 years & loved it. It was a unique green & in great shape. I let the family convince me a Crownline was the way to go for the room. I would like to find an older one again to restore & love!
Greg

86 BFN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 8:54am
That poor boat has had a rough life. I almost feel sorry for it. Wood paneling, assortment of seats, crappy paint, mismatch windshield, cushioned motor box, automotive air cleaner (can you say "BA-BOOM!!!")

(all that being said, I guess as long as someone was having a good time with it, that's all that matters)

What is scary is the supposed 1979 t*tle for a late 60's boat. Does it match? Is it any good? Some CC Fan needs to step up and take this poor orphan in and give it a good home. Skicat or Pswann???
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 9:47am
I made an offer on it.
Scott
fredo68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredo68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 10:22am
good parts boat, shame to chop
it up its probably worth more
in pieces. the chrome vents on
the bow are just like the ones
on my 68 mustang, 66 didnt have
the raised bow center but its
definatly an ss be it a mustang
or a baracuda. scott 8370 if you
get it are you parting it out.

fredo68
fredo68
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 11:25am
Would everyone be angry if I said yes?
Scott
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 12:03pm
Scott-- How can you sleep at night?
Greg

86 BFN
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 1:02pm
How does this sound...It's a Frankenstein boat..and that's just not right.Or we could sort of look at it as a organ doner.I'm a boat doctor!! and I want to save the lives of other cc's in need.Nothing would go to waste,I would even redo the hull.

I think Stang is looking for a good hull???
Scott
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 1:33pm
It's got to be at least a 67 because of the front intake vents/scoop.
Tim D
fredo68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredo68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 2:54pm
scott8370

hope you get it and your right its a frankenstein boat with the limited amount
of parts some need to be sacrificed to save
others. when and if you part it out i got
dibs on the wood side panels...neat

fredo68
fredo68
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 4:03pm
OK But I doubt I'll get it..My offer was low.
Scott
fredo68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredo68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 4:16pm
scott8370
about the wood side panels i was kidding,
never know low offers sometimes work
he may need the money.

fredo68
fredo68
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 4:25pm
He just emailed me, accepted my offer. He also told me the engine was not a marine engine. Now I'm going to have to think about what I can do with it. Anyone need a restored SS hull?
Scott
pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 5:04pm
I just got back from it. 2 hour drive. How many miles away are you scott? Is it ohio? Enjoy the drive! This is what woody and Art said:
Woody concurs with me that it is a 16' Mustang SS. He did pick up on one important thing that I missed: It IS an automotive rotation engine.
We can see the propeller in the photo from behind the boat, and it is a left hand propeller.

I talked to Texas Parks and Wildlife who handles Texas boat t*tles and they said if you file an affidavit of fact you could change the t*tle to read what the boat really is. (Mustang SS) The number that is on the boat is the number given to the boat by Texas so it is legit.

Let us know when you get it and post some pictures of the dissection!
pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 5:13pm
On the way there off 29 there was a boat that looked so good I almost wrecked the truck to get to it. The storage gate was open so I could drive right up to it and look at it. It was just as he describes it in the ad. A truly beautiful boat. Take a gander at it if you take 21 in. It is worth seeing and I wouldnt expect you to see anything like it for a long long time if ever. This is the boat.

Boat
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 5:13pm
Scott,

Please keep me in mind if you part it , I REALLY want an engine cover!
stang

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 5:16pm
I should quilify that....provided under all that vinal is an original scoop style cover...looks like it could be.
stang

The Super Air

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 7:48pm
Paul
I thought you were the person that went to see the boat today. How did it look aside from the engine? Yes I live in Ohio. 1200-1400 mile trip. Gas and motel 600-700 dollars...Why are they always so far away? Not 100% sure I want to make that trip. Maybe someone will buy it before I decide what to do.
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2006 at 9:12pm
After further research, I have decided to pass on the 1979 Correct Craft Frankenstein model.
Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic