Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Trouble

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Edwards76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edwards76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Trouble
    Posted: May-21-2006 at 9:50am
I have had my 76 Natique for 2 years and the engine is in need of some work---the head gaskets are bad and it has corrosion all over it from being used in salt water and the exhaust manifold has small crack. Does anyone know if I can get a 351 auto block and jsut swap all my stuff over? Also the exhaust manifolods I think are inccorect the risers stick up to far so the engine cover has to be sitting on a 2x4 base to keep it clear. Where can I get a set of the correct manifolds? What should I do with the engine- it did run good no smoke= I want to get it going soon again. Thanks ben
Someone , anyone help I know people are reading this, Please help.....
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2006 at 7:50am
How high do your risers stick up above the logs of your manifolds? Are the manifolds leaking? External corrosion doesn't necessarily mean that your engine is done. Yes,...you can use an automotive engine "block" if that's all you need. That's the bare block not the short block assembly. There's no difference in bare blocks between automotive, marine or truck,...they are all the same. The assemblies are different though. There's another thread here that deals with the differences. Look up Discount Inboard Marine or call for your type manifold. Those guys are very helpful. You can also do a search on line and find them cheaper. Osco makes a good replacement. Head gaskets are no problem to replace if you have mechanical experience and basic tools (and a torque wrench). How many hours does your engine have on it? Do you have any specific questions? Write back if you do.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic