Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X-treme tubing idiots

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-treme tubing idiots
    Posted: May-24-2006 at 11:33am
Check this idiot out, or how about this clown

Looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Life is Good.
coreytread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 2:46pm
Those things are all over my lake, Ive already heard from a friend who is a registered nurse that a teen age girl came in two weeks ago with a broke neck from one of those tubes. The tubes itself is not dangerous its the dumb ass people pulling them 30-40 MPH, Ive seen guys get that high with a little wind and 20MPH. I say if you wanna get on up there get a para sail.
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 3:08pm
Or they can just outlaw them like they did
HERE
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 4:22pm
jimbo, after reading that it seems that tubes are not outlawed, they just implemented a 50 foot rule. There is also no distinction between the new kite tubes and any other kind of tube or towable.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 5:08pm
here's another. i was there when it happen. no big fall or anything just a mom freaking out and droping the camera. i think getting a little air would be fine if you throttle back after 5 feet or so. would hate to go over ten.

anyway here it is

http://media.putfile.com/flyer-54
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 6:55pm
Some people would say approaching a 6' high ramp at a boat speed of 35mph and jumping 150 feet would be a little crazy too. I think what they're doing is kinda lame but is it any more dangerous than other watersports? Problem is 25 years ago I may have even given that a try. That's what youth will get ya.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2006 at 9:51pm
I agree with coreytread, it's not the rider it's the driver.
Just because you make enough bank to boat doesn't guarantee you have enough brain to operate one.
I am amazed at the idiocy that takes place on the water. I just haven't decided if it's stupidity or total dis-reguard that is becoming common place within the boating world......... perhaps both...

Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic