Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

morse shifter ?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: morse shifter ?
    Posted: May-24-2006 at 11:07pm
I have an 82 with original interior side rails . I am going to save some cash soon on the redo by removing all the interior pieces for the interior shop. My question is , How do I remove the morse control to get the side wall interior piece off ?    The morse shifter is mounted with the interior between it. I can figure it out , but I don't want to screw it up trying to learn .I bet one of you guys has already done this . Thanks for all your help , you guys have already taught me so much . Dan
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 12:16am
Dan,

First...lay on your back with a flash light and look up into the plate where your cables are connected...draw a little diagram where everything is when in neutral....makes it easier to get it back together!
First disconnect cables by removing cotter pins...remove the two linkage parts that the cables connect to...remove three screws from front and pull the control out.
Easy to get out....but if you don't pay attention to how it's all connected...you might be scratching your head. If you have trouble getting it back correctly , let me know and I can guide you through it!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 12:24am
One more thing...after the cable pins are removed...if your's is like mine, there are tension clips on the plate that hold each cable(one per cable)...as I recall...they pull out a bit and turn...freeing the cable.
stang

The Super Air

dans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 10:16am
Thanks ! Is is possible to remove the front screws , front plate and lever only to get side apolstry off ? Then just leave the back and cables still together . Dan
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 5:16pm
I forgot to mention...there are four screws on the plate assembly...they connect the plate to the control unit and must be removed as well.

You need to remove the control unit from the plate assembly...and the two linkage parts connected to the control housing as well (or it won't pull through). Once you see it...it should make sense. Now of course , if you can get it out and keep things connected that would be better...but as I recall, there is more to it.

I will take a look at mine to refresh my memory and post tonight.
stang

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2006 at 10:14pm
Dan,

I did check and you will need to disconnect everything as described above...it sounds like more than it really is...theres not much to it...but do diagram it so you get it back right.
stang

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic