NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tailer guide posts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
88skisupreme View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88skisupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tailer guide posts
    Posted: May-25-2006 at 3:00pm
what kind of metal should I use to add guide posts to my boat trailer? Also does anyone know what size pipe is usually used?
thanks
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2006 at 7:42am
Most trailers I've seen use 1&1/2" pipe. Some put a minimal bend (to the inside of the trailer) others are straight. Steel pipe works well and is easy to use. Once the guides are mounted use a piece of 2" (I think) plastic pipe (comes on a roll, found at most large hardware stores) to cover the pipe. Then just get a set of covered guide post covers. Usually fits snug on the 2" plastic pipe. Hope that helps. d
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2006 at 8:50am
I would like to add some guide posts to my trailer since the original owner had them removed. Would Home Depot carry a steel pipe that size? Who could bend it, a muffler shop perhaps?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2006 at 9:36am
you can buy pre bent guide post from a trailer supply house.
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2006 at 10:03pm
You can also go by your local weld and fab shop and get them to hook you up. Either way it should be fairly reasonable. d
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic