NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Clinton Il, fall 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2015 at 4:19pm
We're still 2 hours out. Ran into a few struggles last night and finally got the RV to the lake around 11PM. Packed and loaded up the 01 this morning and headed east. Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight!

levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2015 at 4:31pm
Well the Levins are officially flaking out again. Sorry we won't be able to meet you guys. Our campsite is 41, so anybody can move on over and take it if your away from the clan. Hope you guys have fun
levin
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2015 at 1:44pm
Hope you all had a great time on the warm waters of Clinton.
I would like to join you there some time- Seems like a great idea for early spring and late fall. Water temps here in MA are still in the lower to mid 70s.
-Brad
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2015 at 11:59am
For those of us without SUVs or boat trailers- how about some pics?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2015 at 12:02pm
It was so frickin cold, I don't think anybody was willing to get out of the water to operate a camera...
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2015 at 1:54pm
Im disappointed I missed this event being close by. Next year boat will take priority over in-laws.    I hope everyone had a good time!
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 2:50pm
Most folks rolled in Friday late afternoon or evening. A couple of boats made it out on the water that evening.

Saturday was cool, cloudy and windy. Most of us tied off in a cove and soaked in the warm water for a few hours before enjoying a good potluck dinner, drinks and stories around the campfire.

Sunday was a much better day on the water for those that were able to stick around. There was skiing, boarding, surfing, even some footin' going on. The air temps were still cool, but the sunshine and calmer winds made a world of difference compared to the day before.

It was good to see some familiar faces and to meet some new ones. I think RJ's wife was snapping some pictures. Hopefully they will post soon.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 3:31pm
Cold but still a great time! I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get used to jumping into a lake this time of year and being warm. Standing on the platform with your feet in the warm water is an extremely odd feeling!

Ripping across the lake in Steve's Bass Nautique Saturday afternoon was insanely cold after sitting in 90 degree water for a few hours. Well worth the discomfort and I knew we were going fast when Zach's dad gave him the thumbs down sign! Hopefully we didn't do any major damage

A trolling motor would have come in handy but HW and I got a good laugh watching them wrestle the boat onto the trailer.

The sun did make an appearance on Saturday afternoon after everyone else loaded up and started cooking. HW and Zach laid down a few nice runs footing (thanks to the excellent driving crew). Can't remember what this ski was called but it threw one sweet roostrer tail.

Not sure where HW is looking??

Sunday morning was great and I managed to leave my phone at the campsite. It's always fun watching these boats do what they do best and seeing the owners enjoy some nice water. Wish we could have stayed around longer and enjoyed the water a little more.

Thanks to everyone who helped with this weekend cooking, cleaning and keeping Alan away from the "Angry Juice".

Special thanks to everyone who chased Maddox around (especially Todd and his wife, Renee). Not sure what Todd thought when I told him Maddox and his daughter were in his camper together...unsupervised. I imagine he won't be nearly as cool with it 15 years from now!

We're looking forward to making this trip again next year! To anyone who hasn't experienced this crazy warm water followed by sitting around the campfire listening to Todd-isms.....you gotta make it happen!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 6:08pm
The bass is suffering from an OLD ignition switch. Power to the solenoid, spun the starter, so I am not worried, just have to trouble shoot the switch - it is 30 years old.

That ski, was actually made by my Dad. They used to use it in the Dubuque Water Ski Shows. Has a big scoop on it to give the rooster tail. It was great to see it on the water again, thanks Hollywood!
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 6:14pm
I'm sorry to have missed this event. Looks like a beautiful hot tub you guys have.

Work sucks.

That's all.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 6:15pm
My dad during some of the glamour shots shoot on the Bass Nautique for this years calendar.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 6:24pm
^just the tip
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 6:27pm
Proof that it runs, this was early Saturday and they had to be frozen solid!

Only way to stay warm was in the water.

They were either sinking or getting ready to surf, RJ and his gang.

Don't think we quite hit 70 on Saturday but the water was toasty as usual.

It did start to clear up late Saturday and the sun finally came out but we were committed to warming up by the fire and getting some food cooking so not much skiing. Still a great day on the water though and Sunday was actually one of the nicest fall days we've ever spent on the lake.   See ya next year.

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 6:31pm
Unrelated threadjack...I assume that's Steve's Ford Escape. How does it tow? I assume it has the 2.0L.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Proof that it runs, this was early Saturday and they had to be frozen solid!

I relinquished the helm to Hollywood and had no idea how much warmth that little console and windshield actually provided...

Hollywood, dude, TRIM up - that thing is FIRMLY planted.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Hollywood, dude, TRIM up - that thing is FIRMLY planted.

Next years Buckethead team name. : Firmly Planted
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 6:39pm
It was my first time!

I thought I was actually going fast. Guess not.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

It was my first time!

You were going fast, when looking at the GPS, you were generally running between 50 and 60 mph, somebody pulled a max speed of 68 mph...
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

Unrelated threadjack...I assume that's Steve's Ford Escape. How does it tow? I assume it has the 2.0L.

Ford Escape with 2.0 Ecoboost. It tows fine. Boat and motor hanging weight is just under 2100 lbs empty- no gear, trailer must weigh about 1000lbs. I am guessing I am right at the max tow capacity of 3500 lbs. Gas mileage drops from around 24 mpg (at 77 mph) to around 14 mpg (at a slightly lower average speed).
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

It was my first time!

You were going fast, when looking at the GPS, you were generally running between 50 and 60 mph, somebody pulled a max speed of 68 mph...

That would be me
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 8:32pm
Looks like a blast, water that warm crazy
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2015 at 11:44pm
Saturday morning
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2015 at 12:11am
sunday
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Saturday night- Zach's clean brown machine
[/IMG]

Not super ideal weather Saturday but a blast none the less. Big thanks to Brian and Norm for feeding me the whole weekend and good company, Alan and Dana for sharing time Saturday morning and Sunday to go skiing and some much needed skiing advice, Tim for taking me on another run Sunday and letting me try out your gear. Todd and Renee for their hospitality both Friday and Saturday nights. Good to met and chat with some great people from CCF I hadn't met yet. The extremely warm clean water was a real treat, defiantly wont be the last time I'm there!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2015 at 10:17am
"Alan Slalom" Set speed is 29.5? Tell me there is someone else on the boat with the name "Alan"!
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2015 at 10:32am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

"Alan Slalom" Set speed is 29.5? Tell me there is someone else on the boat with the name "Alan"!

You kill me Joel, I knew you would see that. And you are correct that's my preset but it was altered for some other skiers.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2015 at 1:43pm

You kill me Joel, I knew you would see that. And you are correct that's my preset but it was altered for some other skiers.

Next time I'm in your boat I'll reprogram that to a real speed and then lock you out of it   
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2015 at 2:28pm

Next time I'm in your boat I'll reprogram that to a real speed and then lock you out of it   

My preset is 33 mph and I free ski at 28' Off.   Good enough for someone chasing imaginary bouys.

remember we're on a river so on a typical day I will adjust the speed depending on whether I'm heading up or downstream and current strength.   I've tried river mode and it's not worth the bother, we adjust manually to conditions
Captain Nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2015 at 10:27pm
Thank you for the photos. I enjoyed seeing them. Cool to see a variety of Correct Crafts as well.
Live life to the fullest!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2015 at 11:58pm
Well Brian looks like you made it,no pictures of a tow!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 3:00am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Well Brian looks like you made it,no pictures of a tow!

Yep not issues. I went to KY the week before and had similar issue as at Quinners. I ended up putting in a new fuse box and putting an inline fuse to the ignition. No problems since.
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic