Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Clinton Il, fall 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2015 at 12:50am
Hey, you guys think Joel's hot pocket is done yet? I threw a extra log on the fire when we left sunday just to finish it off....hope that was enough! Had a very busy week at work traveling so didn't have time to post on thoughts but I have a ton of them!

I must say that even though Saturday was a bit tough on the water, the potluck dinner more than made up for it! With everyone's contributions we had one of the best potluck dinners I have ever taken part it! It was a heck of a lot of fun to both help cook and watch all the conversation happening in the background. I do think this guy had a grin on his face just watching everyone having fun visiting with people only seen a time or two a year. If you didn't make it....you missed out for sure! Thanks again to all those who brought food and contributed!

Yes, it was great seeing all the boats ranging from the mid 60's to the most recent correct craft but most importantly it was seeing the people. GL has always been a bit of a cornerstone to see people from all over but this gathering was probably a bit more fun because there were people there that I hadn't met such as Brian, Norm, and Mike Mars. Then we got to see the Lichtenstein family and a surprise appearance by Brian and Deb! Always good to see local people that aren't "regulars" but feel like "regulars" to the CCF family. Then we get the die hard travelers called the Riley's and the Leinen's who came from Wisconsin and Indiana. Always love seeing the" killer whale" and rob's new ride at Clinton. Nice upgrade Rob! And the long haul award goes to the Mars family. You definitely know how to ride in style but most importantly I appreciate the information you bring about these old boats. I really enjoyed listening the Chris talk about all these old CC's along with Brendella's and others around a good campfire. Priceless!

If you haven't caught on yet I had a blast at the 2o15 Clinton gathering. Yes the lake sucked Saturday but Sunday more than made up for it!! there was enough excellent water and sunshine for all the people to do what they wanted. I got some of my best slalom sets in along with watching Evan ski a few times. I want to give a big shout out to Zach for giving me pointers on landing my first successful deep start barefoot off the boom. The water level is a bit lower at the lake now but that is ok....I accomplished my 2015 goal for barefooting so I am very very happy! Thanks again Zach!

Folks, we have big shoes to fill for 2016!!! Also I am glad I can entertain with my drunken toddisms! Elmer Fudd aims to please!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2015 at 10:08am
You the man Todd!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic