Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PCM model 40 1.23 trans

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bluelake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluelake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCM model 40 1.23 trans
    Posted: July-21-2015 at 2:17pm
Recently purchased a '96 Ski Nautique 176 with a broken oil pump impeller in the transmission. it would need an input shaft and the entire oil pump assembly to be replaced. Looking to source parts or buy a used/rebuilt/new transmission. it does not appear to me that PCM is the actual manufacturer of the transmission. Is there an interchange list of similar transmissions out there? Any leads would be appreciated! Joe
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2015 at 8:17pm
Why do you think that PCM does not manufacture these?

There are pieces and parts available, but I am not certain I have seen the parts you are looking for. I'd call SkiDim and see what they might be able to do to help. There used to be a recommended rebuilder who frequented this site often named Eric who owned a shop called Fantastic Finish Marine. I believe the new owner / operator of Fantastic Finish has received good reviews here thus far.

A good, reputable marine shop should be able to rebuild your transmission (I leave it up to you to discover who is good and reputable in your area).

You can buy a new / updated version of the transmission from SkiDim. The PCM 80 A is a drop-in replacement for the 40 A for your year boat.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2015 at 8:21pm
And - please post photos of your 176!!!
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic