NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ct mini

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2015 at 1:35pm
Mark- Thanks for getting this going. Sounds like fun.
Will try to make it out there for the day.
-Brad
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2015 at 1:38pm
Excellent Brad! I was hoping it was going to more than just Joe and I hanging around with the sandbar weekend regulars.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2015 at 9:04pm
Unfortunately working on Saturday and family party in the evening. If the event carryovers to Sunday the 23rd we will be there.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2015 at 11:28pm
A little preview, this is the sandbar on a Sunday.

1978 Nautique

74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2015 at 12:29am
Great photo, sends me 30 years back down memory lane to many fun days on Zoar.

No bites on my earlier "don't drink the water" post.

If you weren't around Zoar in the 80's, there was a big national news story about the wood chipper murder. Richard Crafts, a Newtown airline pilot murdered his flight attendant wife. Cut her into pieces with a chainsaw. Rented a wood chipper, parked on the bridge in a blizzard, and ran the parts thru the chipper into the lake. A grizzly story indeed. ....
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2015 at 1:32am
Oh I know all about the Crafts case. I went to UNH where Henry Lee was a professor. There's been quite a few deaths on the lake. One time we were skiing all day, went back to the lake house and watched on the news while they were pulling someone out of the lake right where we were skiing.

Anyway - lol it should be a good day on the lake on 8/22!
1978 Nautique

bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 12:06pm
Well seems the campsites are booked for Saturday... I'm planning to be arriving early Saturday morning hoping to get some footin in!!! Looking forward to this event and meeting some Ccfans.
-burton
64mustang16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64mustang16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 5:06pm
That's a bummer I was counting on camping is there any alternatives
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 5:21pm
There's 3 sites Fri-Sat. None for Sat-Sun.

There is a hotel off of exit 16; Crown Plaza. There is another off of exit; 15 Heritage Hotel and Conf Center,

Checking another option for camping - I'll let you know shortly.
1978 Nautique

audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 5:24pm
There is a campground in Monroe which is about 20 miles from the boat ramp on Zoar.
Webb Mountain Park. That's the only one I know of that is close
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 5:39pm
Scratch the Webb Mountain Place they listed a campground but don't appear to have one.
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 6:09pm
I was going to suggest Webb Mt. Here's the website; https://www.monroerec.org/info/facilities/details.aspx?FacilityID=13017
1978 Nautique

74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Mark Mel Mark Mel wrote:

There's 3 sites Fri-Sat. None for Sat-Sun.

There is a hotel off of exit 16; Crown Plaza. There is another off of exit; 15 Heritage Hotel and Conf Center,

Checking another option for camping - I'll let you know shortly.

My wife just went to nephews wedding reception at Heritage, nice place, I'd bet cheaper than crown plaza.

Also, black rock state park in watertown has camping, is maybe a 30? minute drive.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
64mustang16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64mustang16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 11:08pm
I got one of the three sites at Kettletown but had to take 2 nights and waste one working on Saturday night see you Saturday
LeftFieldEngineering View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeftFieldEngineering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2015 at 8:50am
It's not that far of a drive, I'll be there.
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2015 at 9:33am
Originally posted by LeftFieldEngineering LeftFieldEngineering wrote:

It's not that far of a drive, I'll be there.
excellent! Are you bringing the tique?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeftFieldEngineering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2015 at 10:17am
Of Course
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2015 at 10:51am
Cool, I've been watching your progress and can't wait to see!
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2015 at 11:39am
Excellent!
1978 Nautique

audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 4:54pm
Boy, you guys are really making me hate work    As I said I have to work on Saturday but I should be able to get out around 12 or 1, depending on traffic, I'm coming from NY, I should be able to be at Zoar around 2:30 or maybe earlier, will anyone still be there by then? Since I am coming from work I will most likely not have a boat will someone be willing to pick me up at the ramp? Please?! I know, I sound pathetic but I would really like to meet up with you guys!   
1989 Correct Craft 2001

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 5:01pm
I plan on being there until dark. I'm sure someone can pick you up. It's also not that far a swim.   
1978 Nautique

audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 5:26pm
1989 Correct Craft 2001

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 5:32pm
Art, I'd start collecting cell phone numbers! No ones gonna be monitoring this thread at the sand bar.

We're planning on coming for the day on Sat. Not sure how many boats/people will make the trip with us- somewhere between 1-4 boats and 2-10 people I imagine.

Mark, how early will you be out there? Which end of the lake is the course on?
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 5:42pm

Hey Tim the course is at the north end alittle past the Glen road bridge.
1989 Correct Craft 2001

audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 5:46pm

sorry no arrow on the first photo
1989 Correct Craft 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeftFieldEngineering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 5:58pm
I hope to be there around 7 and will have an empty boat.

If you really want to call or text you can find my # here: Left Field Engineering Contact Info.

I've never been down there; what's the boat ramp situation like? How many spots, pay to park, place to tie up etc?
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 6:04pm
Hey Andy Thanks for the contact info. The ramp is pretty nice. There are lots of parking spots and an overflow lot. Weekends are usually pretty busy

1989 Correct Craft 2001

audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 6:08pm
It is a state ramp so no fees. There is a dock but depending on how busy it is it may be difficult to tie up You may need to be more patient than you would like to be.
1989 Correct Craft 2001

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2015 at 7:24pm
The ramp questions have been answered.

Tim, the course is upriver going right out of the ramp same direction as the sandbar Its about 1 mile up on the left

I was planning on being on the water at 9:00 but if you're coming earlier I will too.
1978 Nautique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 5:52pm
Can someone confirm I have the correct address for the ramp? Saw your directions Mark, but I'm not coming 84 (I don't think). Just want to make sure I plug in the right one.

210 Scout Road, Southbury
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic