Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ct mini

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
64mustang16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64mustang16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ct mini
    Posted: July-26-2015 at 8:31pm
Is there a ct. mini this year
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2015 at 9:10pm
No. Gathering at Badin Lake in NC on Columbus Day weekend. Some NE and Chicagoland folks making it to that one.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2015 at 9:28pm
Thanks for keeping it going Larry. I am off to Maine Thursday for long weekend. I recall some wedding stuff coming up for you but perhaps you can sneak away the weekend after next......
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64mustang16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2015 at 10:01pm
Thanks for the reply. I am just getting my feet wet here are there many vintage owners at the gatherings.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2015 at 10:18pm
Welcome Pat
Let's take this to the Badin Lake Mini thread. But the quick answer is there's typically varying ages and Models at these events.
Hope you make the trip
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2015 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by 64mustang16 64mustang16 wrote:

are there many vintage owners at the gatherings.

No there are many young guys too
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2015 at 10:13am
Welcome Pat. Boats From the 50s to current show up. It leans more toward vintage than modern tho, with the 60s, 70s and 80s probably the most common, and of those probably the 80s most common. Go to the reunions threads and scroll through the pictures and you will get the flavor of what shows up. Your 64 would fit right in. North Carolina isn't that long a haul from PA. These events are a great combination of cool old boats, a few modern boats, some don't take ourselves too seriously water sports and great folks.

PS: Are you sure it's a 64? Didn't think mustangs came out until 65 and they don't show up in brochures until 66
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 3:28pm
I think that those in the CT area should plan a mini on Lake Zoar. There is a great sand bar, camping at Kettletown state park and it's 8 miles long with plenty of great water for skiing/boarding and speed runs.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 3:35pm
That lake has a 45mph speed limit, and is therefore dead to me!

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 3:37pm
Hmm, I've been going there for years (home lake) and have never been stopped. I've seen several go fast boats/cats going 70+.
1978 Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 3:41pm
Geez mark of course you wouldn't have a problem.... on a more serious note - get one other person to agree on a date and run with it - at this point in the year its unlikely to produce more than a mini mini but even that will be useful in determining interest in future festivities.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 3:41pm
Oh and there's only two lake cops and they have to patrol 10 miles, not 8 like I thought, Very easy to avoid them. :-)
1978 Nautique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 3:42pm
Hardcore Lake Zoar
Bore on the Zoar
Roar on the Zoar
Snore on Zoar
Gimme More Lake Zoar

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 3:44pm
I think I'm going to do that Joe. :-)

Anybody up for a mini, mini reunion/gathering? Post some dates and if you're interested.
1978 Nautique

74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 3:55pm
Yikes, 2 different threads on little Lake Zoar in the same day!

DON'T DRINK THE WATER!   
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 4:00pm
I just got a set of new Gums on the trailer, and its a sign that i need to travel a bit. I would love to make it down for a mini. even if its a mini, mini.
subscribing.
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 5:16pm
In
-burton
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Hardcore Lake Zoar
Bore on the Zoar
Roar on the Zoar
Snore on Zoar
Gimme More Lake Zoar

Where's CQ, he'd "Whore out" the Zoar...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 9:02pm
First date to throw out - August 22. Let's see how many people we can get who are avail for this date.

Who's in? The sandbar has a couple of picnic tables where you can put a grill. It's also pretty shallow so a grill with legs like a Weber charcoal grill would work. And it has a full Weber gas grill bolted to them that you can cook on if you bring a propane tank.
1978 Nautique

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 9:03pm
You guy's crack me up.
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 9:25pm
You Yanks are a crazy bunch but so are the rebel rednecks. I like that date as a possibility. One day only as I read it. My oldie might cooperate and then again it might not, if it does I would bring it for my ride.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 9:28pm
Yes, with such short notice, let's start small. I think if we do just the one day, more would be willing/able to come and hang out.
1978 Nautique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2015 at 9:14am
One week out from the bucket, might work for us.
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2015 at 10:03am
I have a trip up ta maine the week of the 8th to the 15th, not sure if i can pull everything back together to camp the weekend after that but i can sure try.

Anyone from the northern New england area and want to meet up for some boating that week I'll be on longlake all week burning some fuel with the family and friends. could plan a sandbar day at sebago or something too.
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2015 at 11:46am
8/22 doesn't work for me as I have to work, although I may be able to come by later in the day. I am in Newtown and have most of the week before off, so if anyone comes up earlier in the week I should be around. Zoar is a great place to ski and weekdays I don't think I have ever seen the police out there. Kettletown is a nice State campground. We have camped in the past, there is an area where you can anchor your boat.
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2015 at 1:02pm
Work gets in the way of everything fun Art! If we stick with this date I hope u come later in the day. i am looking into those campsites so sunday may also be a possibility. This would be the first time I've "Zoared myself out"....
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2015 at 1:26pm
Looks like we'll have some people coming out. Looks like a good date.
1978 Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64mustang16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2015 at 1:49am
Count me in never been to one yet need more info please
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2015 at 11:29am
Ct Mini-Mini. Correct Crafts Roar on Zoar

August 22
Lake Zoar
9:00 am ish - whenever
Exit 14 off of I-84 (If you're driving east take a right off of the ramp, west - take a left then follow signs to ramp)

Once in the water, take a right (standing on the ramp facing the water) and go around the bend, you will see the sandbar, it's marked with buoys - a first for this year. It was fun watching people come flying up the lake and getting grounded, with the buoys that's probably over.

This is a one day event however if you are coming from far away, there is camping at Kettletown state park. There is also a hotel off of exit 16; Crown Plaza. There is another off of exit; 15 Heritage Hotel and Conf Center,

The sandbar is shallow. You could bring a pop-up canopy for shade. There are two picnic tables with a grill. It's pretty crowded on the weekend so if you want to grill, it would probably be a good idea to bring your own. People also bring chairs to set up in the water. And there is a vollyball net.

The lake gets pretty crowded on the weekend so if you want to ski or foot (or wakeboard) early or later is best. Although with 10 miles of lake, you could always find good water, you just need to avoid the yahoos.

There is also a course set up for those that might want to ski a course. It is privately owned but it is on a public lake so anyone can use it.
1978 Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64mustang16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2015 at 12:22pm
Sounds great. Thanks for all that info looking forward to meeting up with you guys. I Will be on way home from Sebago Lake. Me better half and the mustang.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic