Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1992 Sport Nautique ???

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
craneop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craneop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1992 Sport Nautique ???
    Posted: July-29-2015 at 10:44pm
New to the forum and the 351W HO....wondering where I should be WOT and Cruising. 20' w/stock 3-blade prop. 500hrs on boat. thanks in advance for any info.
1992 CC Sport Nautique
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 2:23pm
Are you asking about speed or RPM's (or location ? There are lots of variables but typically low 40's for speed and mid 4K for RPM's.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2015 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by desertskier desertskier wrote:

Are you asking about speed or RPM's (or location ? There are lots of variables but typically low 40's for speed and mid 4K for RPM's.

Above are WOT numbers.

Cruise should be pretty close (within a couple 100 RPM's) of RPM divided by 100 equal speed
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2015 at 12:35am
What are you seeing for WOT speed and RPM (with GPS)? There are a ton of prop threads on this site, the stock prop is OK (assume it's a 4 blade OJ?) but a prop upgrade can really improve holeshot and general performance.

I'm a 53 year old skier in Concord. If you are a 53 year old skier anywhere close let me know and we can get together.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
craneop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craneop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2015 at 6:58pm
Great info. had it out for the 1st time yesterday. went great, no problems. haven't checked the prop yet so not sure if it's original. believe i saw the name Johnson?.have read that the 422 is a good choice for the Pro Boss HO.in this boat. any thoughts? i'm sure this question has been asked before. also read optimum RPM range is 4800/5000. not sure about that either.
1992 CC Sport Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2015 at 1:23am
Yes on rpm range. On the prop, take a look at this thread:

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21800&PN=1&title=prop-removal-questions

I think you'd like the 422. If you want to give my 1442 a try let me know,

Glad to hear you got out on the water!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic