NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

combo heel piece

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: combo heel piece
    Posted: August-17-2015 at 11:27pm
I am going to guess my chances are pretty slim because bindings wear out and skis don't but it cant hurt to ask.

I am looking to replace this heel piece. The rubber is split (on the back side) right down by the hardware and I cant see any way to repair it. The hardware is riveted together, so that would mean drilling out the rivets and replacing with nuts and screws or equipping my self with riviting tools. I cant think of a way to fix the rubber. So I guess I am looking for a replacement heel piece that would be compatible with this toe piece. Either that or other suggestions.

Thanks.

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 11:38pm
Perhaps Chuck @ Lake Elmo Sports could help out.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2015 at 11:28am
That's just this.

It comes with sliders but should fit what you already have. It's pretty universal. I've probably installed over 100. Wiley's has them. Elmo will too but you'll have to call.

I tried to repair ones that had corroded rivets with good rubber and it simply wasn't worth it. I know how cheap you are so if I find any in my shed with ripped finger holes but fully intact at the base I will bring it to Greg's in October.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2015 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I know how cheap you are ...

Hey, I resemble that remark. $19 at Wiley's, I don't know, that's pretty steep. I'll have to think about that for a while.

(Thanks for the tip)
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2015 at 1:32pm
You're more likely to find a pair of skis at a garage sale that'll come with all sorts of extra parts. Keep a Hamilton in your wallet.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 11:13am
I've ordered the replacement from Wiley's. I know, shocking, right? We run across combos at garage sales and consignment shops on occasion. Oddly enough, its Brenda who says, why don't you pick these up, they're cheap. And I always say, oh no, I don't need any more. I think I will reconsider that response. A few extra sets of combos would come in handy.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 1:49pm
I destroyed 2 heel pieces in one trick ski session last weekend... good thing I haven't had too much ski time this year or I would be broke. I have been robbing peter to pay paul for a while now on binding pieces..and it is getting hard to find a fully working set of skis around my house. Now that I have finally gotten a few nieces and nephews to put on the skis and figure the rest can't be far behind now, I will have to start saving my bottle and can returns and see if I can't get all my combos and tricks back in shape before they are ready for multiples.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 2:19pm
I lied about ordering from Wileys, above, anticipating that I would do it right after I posted. I went to their website and started the process for the $19 piece only to find they wanted like $26 for ground shipping. I will have to try Lake Elmo to see if they are more reasonable or go back to relying on HW to bring me one of his rejects.   I am not going to pay $50 for a heel HW was right, I can pick up a garage sale set of skis for less than that.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 2:22pm
Their shipping isn't cheap, usually why I grab a few extra/spare parts on each order.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 2:29pm

9,999 points. Come on, you can do it, just one more!!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 2:35pm

ding ding ding ding. We have a winner
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 2:38pm
Top CCF Nerd List
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 2:44pm
Pete's kind of our very own Donald Trump with his double digit lead, isn't he.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 2:51pm
Imagine if he had internet up north all those years.
nautiquesteve2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquesteve2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2016 at 11:16pm
Hi,
I have two heel piece bindings. One I believe is a duplicate of your picture and one is similar. If you're still looking for these send me your e-mail address and I'll send pictures.
Thanks, Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic