Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If you have a Barracuda

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If you have a Barracuda
    Posted: August-25-2015 at 10:05pm
Any one that has a Barracuda, please let me know the measurement between the floor to the bottom(keel) just forward of the engine where a ski pylon would go. When you have the chance. Thanks!
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=7613&sort=&pagenum=1
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 11:51pm
Robert,
I'm curious as to why you need this measurement. If it's for a sole attachment plate on a pylon, you don't need it. The pylons in the Cuda's were attached at the keel only then they just went through a reinforced hole in the sole.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 1:20am
I assume the same mounti on my marauder as well Pete...... Correct?
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 2:41am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Robert,
I'm curious as to why you need this measurement. If it's for a sole attachment plate on a pylon, you don't need it. The pylons in the Cuda's were attached at the keel only then they just went through a reinforced hole in the sole.

If the keel to floor measurement is 10" in a Wildcat and the motor box is an additional 27", I would need perhaps another 4" or so for clearance above the motor box, so I would need a pylon that is about 41"-42". I'm looking to buy one out of a Cuda, I was told that measures 36" from floor to top of ring. I'm just not sure if there is more length of said pylon down below the floor to the keel. If there is another 5"-6" I can get this pylon. I am not near the Cuda and relying on what sellers wife measured.
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 10:03am
i will measure tonite when i get home.i have a 69 cuda ss
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2015 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by 93/70 ccpb 93/70 ccpb wrote:

i will measure tonite when i get home.i have a 69 cuda ss

Thanks, I will be awaiting your answer.
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2015 at 5:14pm
8 inches from bottom to top of floor..brass sleeve that pylon goes into is about an inch off bottom . hope this helps.what did you ever do with the gray marine engine?how were the exhaust manifolds?carb/2BRL OR 4 BRL.
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2015 at 8:39am
Thank you so much for that info! I don't know what the shop has done with the Gray. I will email and ask. As far as I know, the mani's were okay and I think it was a 2 bbl.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic