NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Badin Lake Mini - Whatcha Bringin'?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Badin Lake Mini - Whatcha Bringin'?
    Posted: September-26-2015 at 4:32pm
With it being 2 weeks I thought I would start a separate thread for a sign up of "whatcha bringin'?

I was not thinking of a "planned menu" for anything other than Saturday night and I will leave that open to suggestions.

I will have two gas grills and a turkey frier for boiling water or salt potatoes............

Comments / Suggestions ?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2015 at 11:45pm
I can bring another frier/boiler/tank if needed. We have good wood smoked NC barbecue close by (Allen and Sons). Last time I bought for a group, I got 10 pounds, and with sides, fed about the same the size crowd you are expecting.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
84SNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84SNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2015 at 12:35am
I can bring the paper products. The plates, cups, plastic ware if that would help. It would be late evening on Friday before I could get there. Unless you need me to bring something else?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2015 at 6:33am
Both suggestions / offers above are fine
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2015 at 8:44pm
I hope to arrive by 8 pm Friday. I have a large supply of paper plates, plastic utensils, Orange solo cups, coffee cups, and a can of chock full o" nuts coffee, also napkins. I also have Danish for those that eat breakfast on the go.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2015 at 11:09pm
I will bring my beautiful smile and award winning good looks. That should be enough at least for the ladies.      

Since we can not live on Adult beverages and Danish alone. I have tried, I will bring Bubba Burgers for Saturday Night. I will also bring some Hot Dogs unless I hear that some of those great Northern dogs are headed South.

I will also bring a large Cooler for Non Adult beverages and such. I am only one hour away so I can also bring other stuff if needed easier than most who will be attending the event.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 8:54am
Donald
I recall something from Joe on hotdogs and salt potatoes.......
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 9:13am
Greg, I think it might be easier if you made a list of what you need.   We've got 3 meals for. 2 days and You're going to have a lot of hungry people sleeping in your basement, LOL.   Hope you aren't planning on tackling that all on your own.

let's us know how we can help and we'll get it done.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 2:33pm
So with the urging of some members I will offer up the following as what is needed and open for sign up -

Planned menu is as follows
Friday evening - Pizza / pasta or brats for those who have arrived prior to 7:30 / 8:00

Saturday morning - english muffins / eggs / bacon

Saturday Lunch - Burgers / hot dogs / chips / pretzels / fruit / other (Donald for burgers, Joe for hotdogs, XXXXX for chips/pretzels), pasta salad. Need to be sure we have buns / rolls and condiments for all of the above

Saturday Dinner - NC BBQ and the fixins, Salt potatoes (Wayne & Joe), garden salad with dressings, desert of some type

Sunday breakfast - english muffins / eggs / bacon / sausage / left over salt potatoes

Sunday lunch - pot luck with what ever is left from prior days.

Jackie will be bringing paper goods.
Other items needed / general information:

The Fossett's will have two gas grills along with a turkey fryer available for cooking, additionally I have and will be available for communal use as needed, two large coolers (of the 4' to 5' variety) to keep the beverages cool.
Things that are needed or should be given consideration towards for those coming.....,.

1. Beer (or dare I say) other beverage's you care to keep hydrated with. If you are bringing those who are not of the legal drinking age please do forget their drinks as well. I have some soda (or pop depending on where you are from) that will be available for public consumption.
2. Ice - this always seems to go almost as quick as the beer. There is a general store < 3 miles from my place and I will alert them to a potential on-onslaught of folks looking for beer and ice.
3. Fuel, while there is fuel on the lake (they should still be open) there is a filling station (Tank and Tummy, only in NC would it be called Tank and Tummy) that sells ethanol free fuel that is ~ 4 miles from our place. It is located on the intersection of highway 49 and 8. Filling here before launching will save you ~0.30/gallon over the on the water price.
4. Paper plates, plastic silverware, napkins, paper towels - Jackie Deen
5. Camping chairs (think tailgating type) - I have about 6 or so but additional are always a good idea
6. Chips / crackers etc.
7. Breakfast items for Saturday - eggs / bacon / sausage / coffee.
8. If anyone has a large coffee maker(s) and could bring it that would be great.
9. Styrofoam coffee cups / cream / sugar
10. More beer and ice
11. Large salad and assorted dressings
12. Fruit salad
13. Other

Please consider what you can contribute and sign up today so that we are not scrambling for items or making meals out of chips and crackers

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 2:42pm
Sara said she's up for making a tin of sausage and peppers... So feel free to plug that into the menu.
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 2:50pm
I will bring a selection or homemade cookies and will also add to the beer stocks.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2015 at 11:53pm
Ridgely and I will bring chips, pretzels, crackers/nabs, and other snacks for Sat lunch and any other weekend snacking. I will also bring some beer to add to the big coolers. We will also bring some camp chairs.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 8:41am
Spoke with Reid yesterday - he will be dropping of his kegerator and liquid (x 2) that it dispenses on Thursday.

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 10:16am
Thanks for the list Greg,

Dana will put a big fruit salad together and we'll bring some bacon. We're probably going to stop for supplies just before we get to your place so we could pick up any last minute items you're missing so just say the word.
NCtique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 10:51am
I will supply a couple cases of chips, small and big bags. I will be arriving Saturday morning.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2015 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Spoke with Reid yesterday - he will be dropping of his kegerator and liquid (x 2) that it dispenses on Thursday.

See....I knew there was a good reason why I was coming Thursday and I didn't even have insider information.....Looks like Greg and I will get a head start on the rest of y'all......Early bird gets the worm!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 8:03am
Plan on bringing assorted flavor smokey 's for snacks. can also pick up some smoked polish sausage if you think we need some more tubed meat products?
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 8:48am
Scott
The smokies sound great - beyond the smokies I think we are good for the tubes products. I have not seen anyone claim any rolls or condiments for the burgers / dogs / suasage. Could you pick up the rolls and or condiments?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

.....Early bird gets the worm!

Another tubed meat product...that's just wrong
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 10:17am
I'll get rolls/buns/condiments...and likely something else of substance
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

.....Early bird gets the worm!

Another tubed meat product...that's just wrong

We're gonna have to separate you and Quinner.....you're starting to sound like him. You've been digging into the toolbox again haven't you?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2015 at 4:03pm
Does anyone have a large coffee maker, or should we bring a bunch of small ones?

Rico and I will be bringing a couple of coolers, rolls, buns, condiments, banana (maybe apple) bread, muffins, other breakfast stuff, water, beer, and likely bloody mary stuff...anything else we should grab on the way?
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2015 at 7:21pm
All I have is a single coffee maker - a large one would be better otherwise grab yours from the house.

I picked up a couple of jugs of clamato juice for some bloody's just the other day....

Originally posted by scootdogydog scootdogydog wrote:

Does anyone have a large coffee maker, or should we bring a bunch of small ones?

Rico and I will be bringing a couple of coolers, rolls, buns, condiments, banana (maybe apple) bread, muffins, other breakfast stuff, water, beer, and likely bloody mary stuff...anything else we should grab on the way?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 1:46am
Greg,

When I pick up the Burgers I will also pickup some Cheese, Onion, Tomato, and Lettuce. Sounds like Scootdog is getting the condiments.

FYI,

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 7:28am
So looking at the below here is where I think where things are at >>>>>
[QUOTE=NCH20SKIER] So with the urging of some members I will offer up the following as what is needed and open for sign up -

Planned menu is as follows
Friday evening - Pizza / pasta or brats for those who have arrived prior to 7:30 / 8:00 >>>This one is easy / covered

Saturday morning - english muffins / eggs / bacon. >>>> NEED ENGLISH MUFFINS / BAGELS. Eggs and bacon covered by Allan / Dana / Greg & Sue

Saturday Lunch - Burgers / hot dogs / chips / pretzels / fruit / other (Donald for burgers, Joe for hotdogs, XXXXX for chips/pretzels), pasta salad. Need to be sure we have buns / rolls and condiments for all of the above >>>> Covered by Donald / Joe / Scott / Rico.. Tim and Sarah have also noted a pan of sausage / peppers and onions. Allan / Dana have the fruit salad covered here as well.

Saturday Dinner - NC BBQ and the fixins, Salt potatoes (Wayne & Joe), garden salad with dressings, desert of some type. >>>> Covered by Wayne, Joe and Larry

Sunday breakfast - english muffins / eggs / bacon / sausage / left over salt potatoes
>>>> Looks like breakfast Sunday morning may need some help with everything across the board, Jackie / Scott / Rico have noted they will be bringing some breakfast danish / bananna - apple bread etc for a grab & go to the lake otherwise we can wing it with the english muffins and or pancakes if desired (Greg / Sue have the stuff for pancakes along with a griddle to turn and burn the pancakes.

Sunday lunch - pot luck with what ever is left from prior days.>>> Enough said

Jackie will be bringing paper goods.
Other items needed / general information:

The Fossett's will have two gas grills along with a turkey fryer available for cooking, additionally I have and will be available for communal use as needed, two large coolers (of the 4' to 5' variety) to keep the beverages cool.
Things that are needed or should be given consideration towards for those coming.....,.

1. Beer (or dare I say) other beverage's you care to keep hydrated with. If you are bringing those who are not of the legal drinking age please do forget their drinks as well. I have some soda (or pop depending on where you are from) that will be available for public consumption.
2. Ice - this always seems to go almost as quick as the beer. There is a general store < 3 miles from my place and I will alert them to a potential on-onslaught of folks looking for beer and ice.
3. Fuel, while there is fuel on the lake (they should still be open) there is a filling station (Tank and Tummy, only in NC would it be called Tank and Tummy) that sells ethanol free fuel that is ~ 4 miles from our place. It is located on the intersection of highway 49 and 8. Filling here before launching will save you ~0.30/gallon over the on the water price.
4. Paper plates, plastic silverware, napkins, paper towels - Jackie Deen
5. Camping chairs (think tailgating type) - I have about 6 or so but additional are always a good idea
6. Chips / crackers etc.>>>> David / Ridgely / Jarrett
7. Breakfast items for Saturday - eggs / bacon / sausage / coffee.
8. If anyone has a large coffee maker(s) and could bring it that would be great.
9. Styrofoam coffee cups / cream / sugar>>>> Timbob / Jackie
10. More beer and ice >>>> Each and everyone - noting that Reid P is supplying 2 kegs
11. Large salad and assorted dressings >>>> Larry
12. Fruit salad >>>> Allan / Dana
13. Other

Please consider what you can contribute and sign up today so that we are not scrambling for items or making meals out of chips and crackers

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 9:16am
I'll pick up some bagels/English muffins today. I believe I have about 40 burger and 40 dog rolls, bread, muffins, breakfast stuff, and likely other things I'm forgetting at the moment, ha
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 10:12am
I've got the coffee maker, coffee covered.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 1:33pm
Allow me to supply the muffs and butter. Ill also bring down 10 gallons of ethanol free gasoline. I will text some of you about getting ice bags as I get close tomorrow night ~9 pm
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2015 at 12:45am
Saturday Lunch - Burgers / hot dogs / chips / pretzels / fruit / other (Donald for burgers, Joe for hotdogs, David/Ridgely/Jarrett for chips/pretzels), pasta salad. Need to be sure we have buns / rolls and condiments for all of the above >>>> Covered by Donald / Joe / Scott / Rico.. Tim and Sarah have also noted a pan of sausage / peppers and onions. Allan / Dana have the fruit salad covered here as well.

I took chips, pretzels and other snacks (chips and salsa, chips and dip, nabs, crackers, granola, popcorn and peanuts) over to Gregs that will cover this meal and snacks for the rest of the weekend

Also got some wings (at gregs request) to go with pizza Fri night...lets see what sauce Greg whips up for the wings.

78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
84SNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84SNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2015 at 8:49pm
I can bring condiments and a crockpot of nacho cheese dip if that's ok. Will the show gone if it rains??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic