Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

North Carolina/Virginia CCFans Hyco lake??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North Carolina/Virginia CCFans Hyco lake??
    Posted: October-05-2015 at 2:19pm
We were looking at different lakes in North Carolina and came across Hyco Lake. Does anyone know anything about Hyco?
Thanks
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 4:49pm
I have friends who own property and ski there. I have not had a chance to go. If you would like an introduction, let me know.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2015 at 10:46am
Hi Wayne, I don't want to impose but if you would give your friends my email address that would be much appreciated. We would just like to get some general info about the lake and the area. We are hoping to go to NC after Christmas.
Thanks,
Art
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 9:07am
I will send you his email via PM
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 10:21am

Art, if you have any interest in checking out Badin Lake let me know and we can arrange a time for you to come over and check it out.
Originally posted by audiodude audiodude wrote:

We were looking at different lakes in North Carolina and came across Hyco Lake. Does anyone know anything about Hyco?
Thanks
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 11:22am
Oak Hollow Lake here in High Point. Has a campground also..
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 3:48pm
Thanks Greg, Badin does look interesting. I was hoping to make it down for your get together but work work work . I will let you know once our plans are made as to where we will be going and hopefully get to see Badin.
1989 Correct Craft 2001

audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 3:49pm
Thanks Marty
1989 Correct Craft 2001

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 3:58pm
You looking for vacation spot, summer home spot, full time residence spot?
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 4:07pm
We are looking for this to be our retirement home. Maybe as soon as next year.
1989 Correct Craft 2001

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 4:20pm
Here is where we are going to retire. I didn't want to wait another 74 years, so we are here now. Very small, so if you want big water, this isn't it. but the plusses are it is quiet, no jet skis, clean, clear, neighborhood amenities (gulf, tennis, pool, horses, security) 15 minutes form major shopping blvd, hour from Raleigh, and, especially for us, surprisingly affordable. If you are into gulf (have to misspell because the right why is spam on this site) it is 15 minutes from one of the premier gulf destinations in the country (Pinehurst) It is definitely not one of the big lakes, that are all very nice (wylie, Tillery, Badin, norman, Kerr, Hyco....) just depends what you are looking for.

audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 4:48pm
Hey Larry how small is small and which lake of the seven is this?
1989 Correct Craft 2001

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 5:01pm
We are on "Lake Sequoia. It is about 250 acres. The legs of the ski area are about 2,400 feet. It is the largest of the original seven lakes, but I did fail to mention Lake Aumen, across the highway....I tend to forget about that as it is not in our section of seven lakes. We are Seven Lakes N, the gulf course is Seven Lakes S and after they were all built up, they made Lake Aumen and "Seven Lakes West". It is a decent size lake, closer to 1000-1100 acres. And it is a higher rent district over there, but very nice lakefront homes.

audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 5:09pm
Thanks Larry I think we would want a little bigger lake. Lake Auman would do but in my little bit of searching I didn't see anything we could afford.
1989 Correct Craft 2001

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 6:31pm
Well, I can certainly understand wanting a bigger lake, this certainly isn't for everyone. Well, keep us posted on your progress, and when you get down here, we'll be sure to get together, along with the rest of the locals. Trust me, when you get down here, you will wonder why you didn't do it earlier (I came from MA and before that upstate NY....I was ready)
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 8:35pm
are there snakes in those lakes ?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 11:01pm
Not around where I am, I cant speak to the other big lakes mentioned above.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic