NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

campgrounds

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: campgrounds
    Posted: October-08-2015 at 8:39pm
guys here in new england at least in the popular areas ,Beach, or mountains or lakes the campgrounds are grossly over crowded with the next (rarely a tent) r/v basically blocking your sun . I keep looking at r/v options from popups to fifth wheels and then I go camping and get completely disgusted.   what is it like in other parts of the country? I know there are spread out sites here in n england but they seem to be all in areas no one frequents .
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 8:42pm
On a second question for you campers. with the price per crowded site at an avg of 45 per night with hookups wouldnt the average rv owner pay 90 per night and have half as many people ? it seems to be so popular and always booked except the far field near the swamp that people would rather have half the people for double the money?
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 8:57pm
Six bucks a night but unfortunately no hookups.

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 9:21pm
Thanks that looks really great     I'm really looking for the typical family style full service experiences on the above questions
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 9:29pm
So if you bought an $80k RV that would be the equivalent of 800 hotel rooms at $100/night....that's a whole lotta camping to make it worthwhile financially....but it's more of a state of mind thing i guess

That being said, I've often thought buying a $20K travel trailer and parking it seasonally on a different lake each year would be a great poor man's lake house alternative.....not ideal but beats the back and forth......

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 10:45pm
The popular campgrounds that have full hookups etc.. start at about $35/night and are similar to what you described.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

guys here in new england at least in the popular areas ,Beach, or mountains or lakes the campgrounds are grossly over crowded with the next (rarely a tent) r/v basically blocking your sun . I keep looking at r/v options from popups to fifth wheels and then I go camping and get completely disgusted.   what is it like in other parts of the country? I know there are spread out sites here in n england but they seem to be all in areas no one frequents .

"nobody goes there any more because it is too crowded"
                                         -The late great Yogi Berra

(sorry, I realize I'm not a very big help, but I couldn't help but think of that, reading your post.)

DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 4:08am
I'm also a tenter. also in New England.
I have a site in naples that i go to every year for the same week. I've noticed the same thing but seeing as though my site comes with a semi private dock a stones throw from my tent i don't even notice the guys AC on all night right next door, because i never have a problem sleeping after a day on the lake.

just under $66 a night, around 500 for a the week.I was just thinking of doing a seasonal but would lose the private dock and would be stuck sloshing around on the weekender dock. it would also mean i would no longer be "camping".
We like to call it "Glamping"

1988 Barefoot nautique-454
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 9:53am
That looks like the Songo, but I can't think of any place on the Songo that looks like that that has any kind of docks or camping. Maybe the Crooked?
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 10:12am
it does look like the songo river .
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 1:17pm
nope, longlake. that picture points into the river. It can get shallow in there some years so you need to scope it out before you just drive in, but with the lake fairly low this year i was still able to drive in there without stirring up mud.
this is looking out the river.
four seasons campground
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2015 at 8:13pm
I see it on the map. I've never ventured too far into that cove. Long Lake is a beautiful lake. I try to get up there once a summer.
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 2:54am
It really is a great lake, but there's really no need to go into that little cove/river unless you are camping there, bass or snapping turtle fishing, or visiting someone there. so don't make it a point in your trip haha.
I really love the long lake to sebago waterways. it can get rough from time to time on those lakes but they are small enough where it isn't hard to find good water and large enough that there is no shortage of places to visit by boat.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2015 at 9:48am
I love that you can bring the boat to the causeway and dock where there is some shopping and restaurants. other than winnepesaukee there doesn't seem to be many lakes with those conveniences
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic