Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1998 Nautique Super Sport

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
FamilyManCCF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FamilyManCCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1998 Nautique Super Sport
    Posted: October-12-2015 at 1:47am
Hey Everyone!

I just purchased my first Nautique! Its a 1998 Nautique Super Sport. I have been visiting this website for quite a few years and now that I have a Nautique I felt like I was able to become a member. I got out on the water for awhile today and even took a ski run...it was brisk. I hope to get some better pictures and get the boat posted in the diaries.

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2015 at 10:18am
That's an awesome looking boat. Nice find!

I like the clean look of the Super Sports vs some other V drives.

That should be a good all around boat for you.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2015 at 1:03pm
hey alright.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2015 at 1:35pm
Nice boat! and welcome to CCF.
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
wawasee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wawasee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2015 at 6:39pm
I saw that boat at Main Channel Marina. Congrats! I assume you did a test drive on Lake Wawasee. What did you think?
95 Sport Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FamilyManCCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2015 at 6:57pm
Thanks everyone for the kind words and the welcome!

Originally posted by wawasee wawasee wrote:

I saw that boat at Main Channel Marina. Congrats! I assume you did a test drive on Lake Wawasee. What did you think?

I did test drive the boat on Lake Wawasee. Boat ran strong and mechanically seemed to be in really good shape. All the gauges worked properly, steering was smooth, and all the vitals checked out. The vinyl on the engine hatch is shot and the rest of the interior is a little rough. I will replace it as time and money permit. I plan on giving it a good cleaning and I hope buffing and polishing the gel coat will bring the color back from fading. If that doesn't work I will have to wet sand. I am happy with everything so far and can't wait for next season!
wawasee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wawasee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2015 at 7:08pm
That is awesome. I recently purchased a 95 Sport Nautique that I found on craigslist that was on Syracuse Lake. It will be a long winter for sure.
95 Sport Nautique
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2015 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by wawasee wawasee wrote:

That is awesome. I recently purchased a 95 Sport Nautique that I found on craigslist that was on Syracuse Lake. It will be a long winter for sure.

That's funny I recently purchased a 95 Sport Nautique that I found in Craigslist that was I Syracuse NY.

Well technically it was in Canandaigua, but I stayed in Syracuse when I went to check it out.

Got any pics?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2015 at 8:30pm
I'm sure you will really like that SS,lots of room and lots of storage. I bought mine 2 years ago too and got to use it twice- your right it makes for a long winter. Indiana sure has a lot of boats,mine was from Morris Reservoir. I should say had a lot of boats!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
s_kelley2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s_kelley2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2015 at 1:17pm
Congrats on the boat! From what I can see from the pics that gel should buff out nicely without the need for wet sanding. The black main stripe on my black and tan 99 SS was oxidized worse than that when I got it. I hit the black with a heavy cut compound using a rotary buffer. Then I hit the whole boat with medium cut, then polish and wax and it came right back. Just go easy on the graphics and pin striping with the compound. If the compound isn't working then you can always go back a step and wet sand before compounding and polishing but based on your pics I'd be surprised if you need to. There are a couple of good threads on here about gel coat restoration that you might want to check out if you have never done it before.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FamilyManCCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2015 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by s_kelley2000 s_kelley2000 wrote:

Congrats on the boat! From what I can see from the pics that gel should buff out nicely without the need for wet sanding. The black main stripe on my black and tan 99 SS was oxidized worse than that when I got it. I hit the black with a heavy cut compound using a rotary buffer. Then I hit the whole boat with medium cut, then polish and wax and it came right back. Just go easy on the graphics and pin striping with the compound. If the compound isn't working then you can always go back a step and wet sand before compounding and polishing but based on your pics I'd be surprised if you need to. There are a couple of good threads on here about gel coat restoration that you might want to check out if you have never done it before.

Thanks Shawn! I have been searching the site and have found information on buffing and wet sanding. I will start with the compound and the buffer and then go back to the wet sanding only if it needs it. There is an incredible wealth of knowledge on this site.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic