Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foam

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foam
    Posted: June-03-2006 at 4:11pm
This is what soaked foam looks like. Even with the water the stringers and the foam have lots of strength. I know this because it is difficult to remove. I should have it out soon.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2006 at 5:57pm
Hay Paul

You aren't going to waste any time on this project, are you. Let us know what the condition of the wood is
Scott
pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2006 at 6:52pm
I sure am glad it is a small boat. Got about half of it up today. need to find a source for foam to put in here. Todays progress

If you save the file locally on your computer by doing a save as you can view it in its actual size which is bigger than the web browser.
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2006 at 7:51pm
your a workin fool!
Scott
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2006 at 11:37pm
Just seeing those pics makes me afraid to even look under the floor in the '80.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
fuelctrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuelctrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2006 at 12:24am
Dude you are not kidding I got my 78 tique and started pulling the deck today. Man the seats forward are jacked. I fyou find a source for foam let me know. You have me realy scared now.
pswann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pswann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2006 at 12:35am
foam

This is where I will be getting the foam. The only suprise to me was that if you look to the right you see this is the back of the boat. The previous owner had drilled a hole and added a plug so that it would drain the foam. Even with the hole look at the water. Its like it will go in but not come out. If you foam is soaked, and your stringers are good that is half of the work you wont have to do. I am using a hand held air saw for cars to cut the wood. It is scary cause you know if you dont pay attention you will slice a finger off instantly but it cuts through the wood and fiberglass like butter and you can cut it right where you want it. 25 bucks at harbor freight. You could cut a 3 inch hole and look and see what you have without tearing everything up.

saw
Fook_U View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fook_U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 8:50pm
so how does the water get in? should this be looked at before refoaming? I'm asking because I'm in the same boat (ha ha pun intended)
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Fook_U Fook_U wrote:

so how does the water get in? should this be looked at before refoaming? I'm asking because I'm in the same boat (ha ha pun intended)

Through the smallest pin hole to larger screw holes, small cracks...you name it.
Scott
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 12:04am
Hey Paul

Any progress today?
Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic