Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mini-vacation - smile muscles tired

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mandovoodoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandovoodoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mini-vacation - smile muscles tired
    Posted: June-03-2006 at 8:32pm
We live on a lake where all the weekenders bring out their boats and drive crazy. We've watched various ski boats go by for years. Finally today, a Saturday, I took everyone out for the afternoon in our new old boat. Just in time for the speedometer to die (no biggie, I didn't trust it!) First daughter 13 in the tippy tube. She did fine at 2400 rpm. Then wife, who couldn't stay on the thing, but seemed to like getting wet. Then my turn for first time. Wife drove, making her nervous. WOW. This boat is soooo big and the wake is substantial. I can't wait until she's confident enough to let me ski, which I haven't done for 14 years! Will be cool to pop the wake. Finally enough speed for 1 ski in confidence. I HAVE to find a free tower somewhere!! Then the little fellow (7) rode for 3 miles. Grinning. Went into a quiet cove, anchored (another first for this boat) and swam. Really odd to go on such a nice mini-vacation. We could see our house most of the trip, but that doesn't make much difference!

And there were gobs of boats out. Mostly very well behaved. Much better than it used to be. One badly handled 30 ft sailboat. One "what are they going to do now????" pontoon boat. But otherwise quite reasonable behavior. A nice surprise.

We have enough gas to go out again tomorrow.

Visitors welcome, 608.2 on the Tennessee river, left bank, "Miss Demeanor" on whips!
www.mandovoodoo.com
mandolin research
1986 Martinique, TN
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2006 at 10:43pm
Good times
The Game Wardens were out all day Saturday and Sunday the weekend before Memorial Day Weekend on the Lake where I live. Things have calmed down considerably since then. Except this evening.
I was out for an evening cocktail cruise. At 9:02 pm, I came close to hitting a down wake boarder sitting in the narrow part of the river with the tow boat 100 yards away and a Waverunning jumping his wake. Fifteen minutes later I'm heading back and the Waverunner darts in front of me. They don't have lights on them, you know. Bunch of Idiots.
For the last three weekends I've been seeing a guy with an American Skier on the lake. I've been hoping to get the chance to stop and talk to him.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2006 at 11:35pm
Steve: Sounds great! We are gonna leave for our place on Norris on June 30th. Can't wait to get there. No worry about alligators In Tennessee! Stay paticient with the wife. I did and now mine mrs. jbear is my best driver. Great way to spend a day with the wife and kids, huh?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
mandovoodoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandovoodoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2006 at 10:05am
She says she'll try some slow-speed handling drills today. If those work I can put my old skis on. Hope I'm not too old and feeble now!
www.mandovoodoo.com
mandolin research
1986 Martinique, TN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2006 at 12:41pm
Good luck! We are never to old and feeble to enjoy ourselves. I'm 55 and still foot a little, ride my slalom, my wakeboard,and talk about how good I used to be. No more jumping or kite flying tho. Had to make a little concession to age.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
KyleT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KyleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 11:42pm
im assuming you have a martinique?
we have never had a reliable speedo in ours.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic