NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'72 SN Promo Edition Recently Sold

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Warpman89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warpman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '72 SN Promo Edition Recently Sold
    Posted: November-25-2015 at 3:58pm
This listing from Arkansas expired a few months ago but I was wondering if anyone knows who this went to? I was very interested and this is a rare boat.

Stu

1982 BareFoot Nautique PCM 454 *Under Repair*
'82 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2015 at 5:00pm
Not sure the statement of 10 made is accurate and I know someone that went and looked at the boat and said it was well rotted out. I'd be shocked to hear if it went for anything near his asking price.
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2015 at 7:15pm
Wasn't that Chris B (frankenotter) that looked at it?
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2015 at 11:44pm
It was me. I flew down to inspect it and it was as rotten as could be. The engine was all but laying on the floor, spider cracking on the gunnels, the exhaust riser was spraying water out of the top, and the interior was replaced by regular plywood and drywall screws.

I made several attempts to give a fair price to the owner, but he had dropped a bunch of money into it and wanted to recouped expenses. He ended up "selling" it to his friend that claimed he was going to rebuild it. I'm guessing it either ended up getting scrapped, has a big wakeboard tower, or is still sitting in someone's driveway.

I've tried a few times since last year to re-establish communications with the owner to no avail. I would still be interested in it...........assuming it resurfaces.

Chris
1999 Ski Nautique 196
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2015 at 2:39am
OK Chris, but did you find any problems with it?
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2015 at 4:06pm

1999 Ski Nautique 196
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic