Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prop for Ski Nautique 2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
robgreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prop for Ski Nautique 2001
    Posted: June-04-2006 at 3:40pm
I have just bought a 1983 Ski Nautique 2001 (340 HP). The current prop is a 13 x 13 and badly damaged. What prop would be best for the above boat? I plan using the boat for slalom skiing.

Unfortunatly I have not been able to test the performance of the current prop as the engine is being rebuilt.
Bradley950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2006 at 10:11pm
An Acme 13x12(540) would be a good choice. I run an Acme 13x12 on my boat and it turns 3200-3300 RPM at slalom speeds, and still has plenty of low end for pulling. You could go with a 13x14 to drop the RPM some, but you never know when you might want to pull a tube, wakebboard, etc. Before installing a new prop, you may want to check and make sure the shaft was not bent. Congrats on your new Correct Craft, they are the best boats in the world. Welcome to Correct Craft Fan, I hope you will find this forum as helpful as I have. I Look forward to seeing pictures of your boat.
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
skyhawkflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 8:21am
Acme 540
I love it on my 87.
you can read about it in the featured products at the top of the page.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 10:25am
I think it depends on what you want to do. If you want to wakeboard with lots of weight look into the 542. If you want to ski look at the 540. or the best option is call the guys at acme and they will tell you exactly what you want.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic