Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

She Floats !!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: She Floats !!!
    Posted: June-05-2006 at 10:19am
Yep, Popped the cherry with the Tique this weekend. Picked up the new Arco starter and had it in the little bomber Sat afternoon. After one crank the little beast came to life.. After changing out a varnished over fuel filter, she ran like a top. Took her out of Green Lake's marina into open water and warmed it up ( man was it nice, not a ripple on this huge lake) So I openned her up after a few minutes, and shot accross like a rocket !! What a great sound coming from this little boat !!

Anyway, next morning, kids were ready, wetsuits, vests and I said awww noo, Not that thing.. Yep, they wanted to go tubing !!! Crap, ok so tied that damn thing to the transom and off we went. The little 305 roar to life on the first pop and off we went.. Again, no one on the lake (which is unbelievable since it was 79 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.. I had them all over the place for a couple of hours and then just shut her down and drifted and swam into lunch hour..
Decided, we just could'nt go home without one last spin, this time with skis in the boat, so the girls were ready and off we went.. Then this utopia of a day when to crap.. The boat's temp gage pinned in a matter of minutes and in the middle of the lake I shut it down !! Needless to say, the ski hour turned into swim hour, beer hour as I let it cool down a bit.. Then it cranked back up and we headed back in.. Got to the dock and she was boiling.. Guess it's time for same new parts; impeller, thermostat blah blah blah..

We had a super time regardless, but it does take some getting used to coming from the 26 footer.. Man this boat is small !! I told Mrs. Mojo, we may have to upgrade already... You guys know exactly what look I got from her !!!!

We do love Green Lake !!!!

Moj'
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 10:36am
Hey moj,

Congrats!!!! The tique lives.. Get used to it moj,(the repairs that is) When you have an old boat like we have(not near as old as mine)That's part of the game.... Unless you replace everything like i have!!Hopefully you will enjoy the refurb work that you do to it!

See ya at green lake old buddy!!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 10:41am
Mojo, Probably just a brittle old impeller. Order 2 and have a spare, you might not be as lucky next time and have run out of beer. Glad to hear it fired right up.

Better be careful with that upgrade talk or Mrs Mojo might be lookin to upgrade you.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 10:53am
Moj,

Glad you enjoyed your Tique, they are a hoot aren't they? You manage to learn to live without any room for the benefit of having such a cool little boat. Maybe its just me, but I have sensed an increasing interest in Tiques in the couple years or so I have been monitoring CCFan. They arent for everyone, but there does seem to be a loyal and growing following. (If you run short on room, you just might have to leave the tube at home. Awww darn. But actually, if the kids like it...oh well, what the heck, what does it hurt?)
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 11:28am
Yep, Alan, I think you're right.. With two money pits, I mean boats, I should keep a low profile !!

Paul, up and runn'n !! If I can keep it all together, I might even get her out to Norwegian Bay with you all hahahaha.. Pain in the &^$$/* when the motor takes a dump on a great day for boating...

75' It is a neat little boat, and a whole lotta fun to drive. Fits in the garage too !!

Yep, said it a hundred times already, but we are going to have a great time in GL..I wish everyone could make it !!!

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 11:48pm
Moj,

Glad to hear you got the tique wet!! Ive always had a "soft-spot" for them...First boat I ever owned was a 76....

I was telling Alan when we were up at GL a couple weeks ago,..how different it was going to be for you after being used to your "other yacht"! Hope you get the rest of the bugs worked out!!!!...oh BTW, your "little" tique is a foot longer than my 64 skier.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 11:59pm
Moj
I have never found the one perfect all purpose boat yet. Having a 26' Cobalt and a 16' CC has to cover most needs.
Scott
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 12:32am
Mojo...good to hear the news!
Before you check the impeller(which you   should check anyway)...check the intake to be sure nothing is clogged(weeds etc)...check the strainer if has one and flush it.

The little thing rocks does it not! The size thing...well it's like the diff between an old mustang fastback and a van! Pack them in an hit the gas...whoopie...ye doggies!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 8:01am
Nothing like hitting the gas Moj, and planting your riders back to the seats! And then you hear.....HOLY sh*t! ! Cant beat that raw Power!!!!

Feels good to have that power doesn't it Moj,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 8:35am
It does scream pretty nice, I do have to say !!! The 198 engine is certainly enough for this little boat.. You guys will have to tell me if it's actually floating right. I noticed the platform in back is actually just under the water line, not just above it ??? The pictures of that soaked foam has me freaked out !!! Other than that, we'll get the cooling issue under control and have a great summer with it !! The kids deffinitely dig it !!!

Moj'
GrandSlam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandSlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 9:08am
Mojo, You guys can only imagine what it is like trying to maintain the 47 Jersey along with trying to bring a neglected Fish Nautique back to life. This really cuts into my fishin time. But I got to get away this weekend, heading to Solomons Is. on Thursday to Sunday to do some well deserve fishin. Will get back to the Fish next week.
Good luck with your over heating problemmost likely impeller if it hasnt been changed recently.
Jerry Troy

USCG Master, 100GT

1989 23' Fish Nautique

1992 47' Jersey SF
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 10:31am
hey Grand,
I tried to find an old Topago for our lake.. I thought it would be cool to blow off everyone to the fishing holes hahahaha... Get off that floating city block and get to work.. Not that much summer afterall !! Good Luck..

Yep, Impeller, I hear ya !!!

Moj'
CC Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 11:57pm
Not to bring up the foam thing... but heard the tiques float low in the water anyway, I wasn't woried at how low it sat... then the ski pilon came loose......... Today I took up the floor in front of the engine and what did I find, soaked foam and rotted wood... I was told it was because of 6-6-06.. :-) Yea right

Roger

By the way here are pics of the new tique sitting in the shop waiting for the new floor..

Boat Pic
1978 Ski Tique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic