NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Sinclair, GA

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2015 at 10:11am
Started a reply and it vanished, hope this isn't a duplicate...

Sinclair and Oconee make up what's called "Lake Country". Have kept my boats at an Oconee marina for years. Never been on Sinclair but have been meaning to. In fact, we would like to move out that way someday, and while Oconee is considered nicer, it s far pricier and has no town like Milledgeville where my wife might find a job. So...been thinking about putting one at Sinclair Marina to check it out.....

Milledgeville is a great little college town. I work there a few weeks every year so know it well. Naturally the closer to MV the better, cheaper as you go out.

400+ miles of shoreline so little likelihood of getting bored. Man-made (like all GA lakes), owned by Georgia Power. They periodically pump water back and forth between Sinclair and Oconee to generate power. Oconee level does not noticeably fluctuate, but have heard rumor that Sinclair does a bit, stick to the big water and am sure it's fine, someone there could tell you more. Have heard they have, or will be, shutting down the power plant at the opposite end/terminus Sinclair Dam. No idea what that might effect. Good news is these lakes are seemingly unaffected by drought. When GA was in big drought some years back and lakes like Lanier were down like 15 or 20 feet, Oconee was maybe less than a foot off full pool (which is why we chose it.....)

I'd move to MV in a heartbeat but that's me. If you do it though, let us know, good excuse for a GA gathering.....I'm certain at least Kermit would come out to play....

BTW: Saturday forecast 74 degrees no rain.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
terminaldegree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terminaldegree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-10-2015 at 2:22am
Greetings, ccfans!

Sorry I haven't been so active the past few months. Have had a good summer with the Nautique, which behaved rather well and never once left us stranded. In some ways, I think it runs better the more we use it, and is definitely happiest while pulling something.

I am considering a job offer in Milledgeville, GA. If we stretch our budget to the maximum responsible amount, we might be able to afford a modest waterfront place on Lake Sinclair. If not, we would buy something in town and "rack store" the boat + jetski at a marina on the lake.

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with this lake? Any tips for the area, or helpful local knowledge?

Thanks in advance,
Owen

1996 Sport Nautique GT40/Acme 422
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic