NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Leo Bentz, Ski Nautique and Boat #1

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 8910
Author
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2018 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by ArtCozier ArtCozier wrote:

Pete, I was looking in this post for something in particular and happened to read your post. Leo was seeking high efficiency in his ski school operation, and had two docks that he used, each of which lent itself better to docking with each "hand" rotation and helm, so he built boats both ways to make it easier/faster for his drivers to dock, change riders if applicable, and get another skier on the water asap.

Art

Art what a great piece of history/internal knowledge! That completely makes sense. It would be interesting to run those two boats side by side and see how the characteristics of the wakes change - or maybe it really doesn't matter as in the ski school scenario there was probably always a driver and a coach/observer. Still GREAT info!!!
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2018 at 12:20pm
Leo is quite a guy. Perhaps you know that he is about 93 y.o. and a ball of fire. Plays court tennis and tournament table tennis. He has dozens, maybe hundreds of photos from his ski school. Many customers like Debbie Reynolds and Eddy Fischer posing on his dock.
"Art"
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2018 at 12:27pm
Just think how many guys out there like Leo that have boxes and boxes of pictures of stuff that someday will be lost forever, not just waterskiing but all sorts of activities. In this case, I would love to get those boxes of pictures and scan them all in, just to be preserved. I know it would probably never happen, but if the opportunity ever presents itself, I would be happy to graciously and carefully honor him by completing that task.

Similar offer to you Art and your little museum of Correct Craft information. I hope someday someone takes the time to scan all those file cabinets of information to a digital format. I know fewer and fewer people are interested in all that old stuff, but it is valuable information and someday someone might just really need it. Same offer stands!
techate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2018 at 12:26pm
This is hard to see Image on net follow to abby20
DPUK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2018 at 2:07pm
Wow, just an aging Brit here but lovely story andI i can remember binge towed out form Lee's in Miami many years ago still have a photo some where taken on the dock at Lee's
Well done
Dave
Barefoot Gramp's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 8910
  Share Topic