NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2016 White Lake Shindig

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 5678>
Author
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 2:58pm
Wonderful pics everyone !
Lime interior is beginning to grow on me.   I would really like to find a 20' Marauder w/splash green int.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 3:05pm
We happened to be at the BBC over spring break when the upholstery guy picked up all the pieces for that boat. Reid had some material that had the seams pressed into however I don't believe he was able to use it.

Great pictures and looks like it was a very good turnout as well. Is it possible it was warmer here in Chicago last weekend, was putting my docks and lifts in and we had low to no wind and low 80's temps.

Hope to make this event some time!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Great pictures and looks like it was a very good turnout as well. Is it possible it was warmer here in Chicago last weekend, was putting my docks and lifts in and we had low to no wind and low 80's temps.
Hope to make this event some time!

This was our third year and there were the most boats there I have seen. It was cold like Maine in the morning. We were the only ones that put our boat in Saturday before the show and that was because Tom was itching run the BFN. Scott M and his nephew Dave joined us and Tom and Scott both footed, but they were pretty cold.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 4:43pm
Did Jackie put in a new steering cable ??
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Did Jackie put in a new steering cable ??

Yes, it went in. But I am not so sure that Jackie was the one that put it in, but I did not see who did it. It went from a two hand turner to a one finger turner.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I forget the fellows name. He was there a year or two ago and then made an appearance again this year. Not sure where he is out of. He works for PCM. Someone else can fill in the details. Nice looking boat though.

Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

The Tique, I believe is Jim Miller's. Jim lives in SC close to Columbia

So Jim's not one of us?

Pete,

Jim worked for PCM many years ago and is a skiing buddy of Mark S. with the Orange Mustang with the Black interior who is still with PCM. However, Jim is not currently with PCM. , There was another gentlemen from PCM with a purple 93 with a newer 305 chevy transplant in the boat. I am not sure if Jim is a site member or not, but you could say that those guys were with PCM. They brought us a lot of door prizes again this year like they do each year.. They do a great job supporting the event.

Donald
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 5:44pm
Planning to make it down for sure next year. Seems to be a stellar way to kick off the season. Jealous of all the fun and wrenching!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 5:46pm
I too would like to thank the crew at White Lake Marine for making this another great event and PCM for bringing the door prizes. There were also other sponsors like ACME Props and Carver Boat Covers (Grand Prize) who made the event great.

At each of these events you always learn something new about these boats and most of all you learn about friends and family. I would like to list the things that come to mind that I learned at this event:

#1) When you are at a large boating event and someone has a problem with a Boat Battery and you do not have an internet connection and you can't remember which battery Pete would recommend as far as a Deep Cycle , Dual Purpose or Starting Battery or you would rather spend your funds on beer and fireball adult beverages. Look for a nearby rental car and pull its battery and use the rental car battery to power your boat for the weekend. I am sure this is OK with the rental car rental policy fine print. Just remember to remove the battery from the boat and reinstall in the rental car so your buddy can return home from the long weekend. Do not worry about battery mounting class and size just go for it.

#2) The Motel at White Lake does not officially open for two or three more weeks so it is a SUMMER MOTEL and not a WINTER MOTEL.. Some of the rooms do not have heat. If you are unlucky enough to draw a room with no heat you will freeze at night unless you were in the Fireball Contest on Saturday night . The Fireball in your belly will keep you warm all night long. The best idea is to pack some blankets or a sleeping bag.

#3) Cinnamon Crip Breakfast Cereal is not only for Breakfast. Apparently, it is also great severed at Cocktail Hours.

It was get to see old friends and it was great to meet some new ones. Put me down for next year. My daughter Natalie had a blast too.

Donald
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 8:01pm
Donald, I like lesson #1!! (Not that that would actually happen....)
Sorry we missed everyone.
Js
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 10:10pm
Ha, fireball seems to be the most popular option.
northstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 10:31pm
Hello Everyone,This is Mike the one that brought the Fish. I would like to Thank everyone ,Yall are the Best Group of people that I have ever meet. I did Not know anyone when I showed up Feel Like I know Everyone now.
. Agian The Best group of people Ever.    I will Do more reunions...
Jlinville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jlinville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 11:08pm
Thank you! Still new to flying it but had fun doing it!!
Jlinville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jlinville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Drone link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvdCMjeJk0s

Thanks for fixing that for me!
Had a blast guys!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by AirTique98 AirTique98 wrote:

John: Good pictures and posting....oh right...you didn't post...how the hell they do that??

I don't have a clue in the world.......

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2016 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by northstar northstar wrote:

Hello Everyone,This is Mike the one that brought the Fish. I would like to Thank everyone ,Yall are the Best Group of people that I have ever meet. I did Not know anyone when I showed up Feel Like I know Everyone now.
. Again The Best group of people Ever.    I will Do more reunions...

It was great meeting you Mike! Bring an awesome Correct Craft like you have and making friends is easy - Glad you came and looking forward to more time together.

Steve and Val
Team Red Barefoot Nautique (seems to be quite a few of us at this reunion!)
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2016 at 8:57am
Another great CCF Reunion... the Monahan crew would like to thank Townsend and all there crew for hosting this event once again! great pics n videos Dan and everyone else that helped document the event. It should be illegal to have that much fun... real happy with the 89 Bfn, after a tune timing and 430 prop change, which I will have to buy one now, that beauty runs awesome now. thank Tim for letting me try out the 430 and everyone else Joe, Rico who helped tweak some bugs out. Great to see everyone and meet new ones.
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2016 at 7:30pm

. Agian The Best group of people Ever.    I will Do more reunions...

Mike, It was nice to meet you!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2016 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by northcoastidol northcoastidol wrote:

real happy with the 89 Bfn, after a tune timing and 430 prop change, which I will have to buy one now, that beauty runs awesome now. thank Tim for letting me try out the 430 and everyone else Joe, Rico who helped tweak some bugs out. Great to see everyone and meet new ones.

You didn't buy it? I would have had I known that. That prop was fast!
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2016 at 9:20pm
Let there be no doubt the gang at White Lake Marine went above and beyond with the help of their vendors/sponsors. While this years event was he biggest to date I would also say that the number of door prizes most likely followed suit in quantity of freebees.

I have been looking to win that cover that Carver donates for 5 years with no luck so I have resigned myself to the fact it won't happen.   With this said perhaps a vendor could step up with a stringer job as part of next years event - I have the perfect candidate

Again a big thanks to all for making this a great event and adding a chapter to the book of memories for many
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 12:43am

A big shout out to the White Lake Marine staff for being great hosts of a wonderful weekend!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

. Again The Best group of people Ever.    I will Do more reunions...

It was great meeting you Mike! Bring an awesome Correct Craft like you have and making friends is easy - Glad you came and looking forward to more time together.

Steve and Val
Team Red Barefoot Nautique (seems to be quite a few of us at this reunion!)

+1

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 1:22pm
OK, this took me a little while to get to, so you have seen most of the pics already, but I was looking at the videos last night and thought there was some pretty good (if not a little bit unique) footage, so I decided to compile.

Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 1:32pm
Very good video
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 2:34pm
Larry,
I've mentioned it before on how impressed I am with your videos but again, you sure are great at putting them together.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 4:20pm
Well Done Larry! You deserve a Mike's lemonade!   
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 7:15pm
Great video!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 10:34pm
Great job Larry.., we really don't want to know how you do it , but keep it up
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 10:48pm
It was a great weekend. Enjoyed seeing everyone I knew and meeting more new friends. Thanks to WLM for putting on a good show. Unfortunately and fortunately I left with some parts for projects (read work) to do on my boat...looking forward to it of course. Thanks also to all who had me in their boats on Sat since I came boatless. You guys (and gals) let us know when you are nearby Badin Lake! -David
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 11:30pm
Love the starflite. Can't make out the story though. Is it white lake marine's?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 11:35pm
Yup. They bought it back from the original owner (estate of the original owner?) who bought it from them in 1957.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 5678>
  Share Topic