NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buckethead 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2016 at 6:42pm
Here was my logic about that, which may be flawed, but here it is. We first measure run length in time, after all, you don't know how far you've gone.    So you go 1 minute. How far you go is a function of speed. So I took the 1 minute, turned it into hours to keep all units consistent with MPH. Your first calculation is at 1 minute runs, how many transitions are there. But to get that you fist need to know how far you went. That is a function of distance and speed. So at 40 MPH, 1 minute is 0 .67 miles. Dividing that into 38 miles = 56 transitions. So 1 minute at 40 is 56 transitions. So you start with time then convert that to distance.

(Of course my whole response here is based on the assumption that you were talking about assessing the race (ie the spreadsheet) not executing the race, where the approach would be different, and that could be what you meant.)
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2016 at 10:51pm
Hey all! Big year this Aug with Barefoot Nationals the first week 2-6 and then Barefoot Worlds Aug 13-20 in Wisconsin. Bet Buckethead with be like the last Sat of the month so 27 maybe. I haven't heard anything yet myself.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2016 at 11:01pm
Thoughts on the race. Practice, practice, practice. Do doubles so you have to push each other to go further and further. Dedicated drive would be nice, most the winning teams have one but we don't because there's only 4 of us and we all want to foot and really need to to survive 38 miles. Transitions are key and we still don't have it down and there is where a solo driver would benefit. No mistakes, bad starts etc...... that killed us this year.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2016 at 11:01pm
I have heard from Brian just now and no date set yet but he will try and get something out soon.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2016 at 11:05pm
10th anniversary I bet there won't be any open teams spots this year but maybe some teams needing someone. I have people already asking if I have spots.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2016 at 11:07pm
Really need that first footer to make that no power turn buoy which is 4 miles.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2016 at 12:01am
At 40 mph, that is 6 minutes, that's a pretty good run.    In an answer to me above HW said never stop to turnaround, but then tim clarified at the start of the race, you have to stop and turn around, but I didn't know how far that lasted. 4 miles, I'm learning. How many teams would you guess made that 4 miles?
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2016 at 12:11am
No more then half. A few made the bridge project which will be there again this year and is like 7 miles from the start and then you have to stop pick up footer and no wake past it and then go again.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2016 at 12:13am
I hear wall squats are a big help for distance. Again didn't help me lol
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 1:54pm
Hearing that if they can't find event insurance the race may not happen after what happened with Ben last year!
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 1:58pm
Why not affiliate with USA waterski? That's how INT covers insurance.
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 2:04pm
Hear USA Waterski is not affordable at this point. Not sure.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 2:55pm
What was the insurance situation last year?

Raise the entry fee? At least make participats aware of the new cost to cover the insurance.

This all just seems unnecessarily difficult. Clearly these races are and have been happening for a long time.
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 4:23pm
I have no idea what the prices are they have been getting but I hear it's expensive this comes from Shawn Who puts on the Lockwood race and the prices are not affordable hopefully they can figure something out
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 4:28pm
Don't think they've ever had insurance just relied on the release waiver to protect them and my understanding is that waiver really don't mean anything
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 4:28pm
Insurance and Lawyers ruin all the Fun, Good Luck, hope it gets worked out
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 11:13pm
Highly unlikely that USA Waterski would touch this event. To sanction an event it takes rated drivers, trained/certified safety officials, safety pick up boats etc.

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 11:22pm
That is one of the reasons that USA definitely ain't gonna work to much red tape.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 5:45pm
The weekend has been set for a Buckethead Barefooting Party. Will be the weekend of August 27th. Spread the word and come on out for a good time.   
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 6:16pm
The Bridge rifle is still there.. also.. the river has been down and surprisingly clean this year..

Turn and Burn boys.
If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.

If it doesn't hurt.. Go Bigger.

Tubing Sucks.
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 7:23pm
You know there is no official Buckethead, no after party, just fun on the river if you bring a boat and friends to hang with friends.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 7:26pm
I believe you can camp the weekend at the same spot. Nothing is being organized but I'm sure I will hit the river early Saturday morning.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 8:18pm
I have a feeling a lot of people are doing the same thing...
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I have a feeling a lot of people are doing the same thing...

How about we all start at the same time!    
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2016 at 12:14am
Last one back is a rotten egg
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2016 at 9:45pm
Anyone else going to go and do some footin'. I am in if we get enough people. I have to decide to either attend this gathering or a batchlor party at Deep Creek Lake personally I'd rather go to the "footin' gathering"
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 7:02pm
Paul, I plan on being there Saturday and Sunday
Hopefully everyone that was there last year shows up and more.
Come on guys, let get this party started!

BTW, Just how many stripper are going to be at this batchlor party anyway?    
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 7:46pm
We're not 100% yet just recently I know of a few boats losing props due to a low River. Not sure if I'll take the chance of damaging my boat yet.
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2016 at 10:18am
Cara posted some details on Facebook I've been told.. just some fun for the couple days.

As far as the river being low, it's not that bad down Crandall's way.. it can get a little hairy up In the bends if you don't know where you are going..

As always though even if you know it well, it sometimes bites back...
If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.

If it doesn't hurt.. Go Bigger.

Tubing Sucks.
pfelgner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfelgner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2016 at 10:39am
Exactly my thoughts. Jordan that River has been you life and now $400 later!
88 Martinique BR
87 BFN 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic