NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct craft Separator

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
separator71 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 12:56am
I have a website that someone started for me and hasn't finished yet so the format is a little funky but I have learned that a website is basically useless in my business. mcomposites.us My # and email are on there.....I think. I have a design I am working on sitting on the front burner or nearby and I'm teaming up with a boatbuilder to produce it soon hopefully....It is a new type of hull based on my knowledge but it's not a full on speed boat like the tunnel....more functional for the average boat user....that is all I will say about that right now. The tunnel is a pet project I have wanted to do for a long time and it will be coming up after the other. It is hard to say when that will happen...I am self funded so I eat alot of pasta and beenie weenies and work on a fluid schedule. Things are looking up though...my main business is building plugs and specialized composite stuff...I'm working on a 2nd concept car body now for a group of retired Ford engineers and Im helping a couple large builders with some major projects coming up. I'm also planning on building a 2nd cnc this year so the plate is full. Feel free to contact me about any of these projects but I learned a long time ago to keep things quiet until you can produce it for a buyer. People with money want to keep up with the jones's right now...not when I can pull it off.....facts of life.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 1:06am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Yes, tunnel boat. .

Chris,
What's up? Turning the jetjon into a tunnel?
Yeah we worked late tonight and finished it up....what do you think??
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 10:19am
Looks like a rocket!

Pete, I just like to learn about design processes.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 10:32am
who's pete?

read this: http://www.newavesys.com/spiral.htm
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 10:56am
Originally posted by separator71 separator71 wrote:

who's pete?

Me

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 12:06pm
Oh hey Pete. I don't see swim platforms on these in the pics online. This one had one but it was crap so I ripped it off. Definitely building another one for it though. It's gonna be fiberglass too. I'm not sure how "oem" I'm going to be with this project....getting lots of ideas.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 12:19pm

who's pete?

Me

Here's a picture of Pete screaming along at about 50 or so....................feet per second I think it was at a Lake of the Ozarks radar run. First in class

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 12:35pm
Sweet paint job! I had no idea you guys did radar runs with these boats. I bet mine would make a good showing after I get it tuned in.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 1:23pm

I had no idea you guys did radar runs with these boats. I bet mine would make a good showing after I get it tuned in.

I guess sort of Radar runs... Really more of a Top Speed Competition. Rules are pretty loose, but the speed has to be recorded on a GPS device (not a phone) and the run has to be at CorrectCraftFan.com gathering (there is usually 3 or 4 a year scattered around the country).

A few of the inboard guys, have run into the 60's the two that are typically the fastest are JoeInNY (highly modified Ski Nautique) and TRBenj (Highly modified Barefoot Nautique).

Connorssons has restored a beautiful Serparator with a LOT of upgrades; he has reported runs into the 70's. And then I have the Bass Nautique, that I ran 71mph (official GPS at an event), but that was with a tired motor. I have sense completely rebuilt the Bridgeport - and ran it a couple of times at the Blarney Island Thursday Night Drag races and was reaching 70 mph in 800 feet. Have not had it out for a top speed run, BTW, the 70mph in 800 feet was with a 22P wheel, lot's of RPM left too. A bigger wheel and a lot of lake, probably only limiting factor will be my driving skills - I will probably chicken out before I get to the REAL top speed.

It will be fun to see what that Jetdrive Separator will do!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

A few of the inboard guys, have run into the 60's the two that are typically the fastest are JoeInNY (highly modified Ski Nautique) and TRBenj (Highly modified Barefoot Nautique).

And then there's me with the Atom, A blazing speed of 36!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 2:08pm

And then there's me with the Atom, A blazing speed of 36!

Yea, but your boat makes up for it in looks
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 3:47pm
Does Connorson's speed even count, lol, nobody I am aware of from the site has ever seen it live let alone running at any speed :)
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

I guess sort of Radar runs... Really more of a Top Speed Competition. Rules are pretty loose, but the speed has to be recorded on a GPS device (not a phone) and the run has to be at CorrectCraftFan.com gathering (there is usually 3 or 4 a year scattered around the country).!

Don't mean to scare you Separator 71 but if you were to go to one of these gatherings you might see a CC pulling into the dock with 3 or 4 big guys in the back seat, arms around each other, big smiles on their faces and one might be saying something like "that sure is fun in the rear". another might be saying "it's never run like that before". Another might just be quietly smiling.

It's most likely not what you think

They're just getting lots of weight in the back to lighten up the front and go a little bit faster.

That's their story and they're stickin' to it.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 5:05pm
They won't bother me...I already removed the dolphin and "feelings" stickers and the pink air intakes too. Ha!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2017 at 12:43pm
The floor is toast and only one original seat. We're making a mold for the seat so if anybody needs one let me know.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2017 at 1:06pm
Well it looks to be in good hands now. Back in '14 when the ad was up here it said it had not been in the water since the rebuild and in excellent condition for almost 15k
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2017 at 2:59pm
Did he say anything about the stringers? Hoping I don't have to dig that deep. The trailer is a serious p.o.s. and the hull is still straight so it seems like its very solid. I'll know soon enough but I'd like to know about the stringers if possible.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2017 at 3:36pm
Here the whole ad- no mention of stringers

Owner: Joe Scire
Forum Nickname:
Phone: (941) 465-6356

Model: 1971 Separator
Length: 17
Engine: 350 Chevy
HP: 310
Hours: 0
Hull ID: SEP021200573
Price: $14,850 OBO

documented one of a kind! 1971 correctcraft jet boat. model: seperator. same owner 41 years. illness forces sale. fresh 350 chevy, new jacuzzi jet unit with 7 position jetovader, new wiring, gauges & battery. clean, fast, simple & rare. history of this boat has been documented by correct craft as one of a kind & celibrated in their newsletter. boat has not been in water since rebuild!this boat is in excellent condition! $14,850.00 o.b.o. details call joe @ 941 465 6356.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2017 at 4:08pm
I called joe. He said the stringers were redone about 15 yrs. ago so I guess I need to break out the drill and check on that.

Here's the info. everybody wants to know: He said he had a 525 hp small block in it years ago and it was radar clocked at 78 mph. He also said the engine in it now is barely used. I'm trying to get with people who know jets with smallblocks and so far it looks like hp and rpm are the most important with jets....torque being less of a concern. I'm an outboard guy so any info. on juicing the motor up is welcome. Maybe we we can get this puppy over 80 one day. If his numbers are real I can get another 2 mph out of it by bluprinting the pump and aft hull area.....maybe some speed coat in the bowl and on the aft hull will work too.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2017 at 7:15pm
He said it's only good for about 50mph now so there's work to be done. He said the motor only has 180hp now which doesn't make sense to me I thought 350's were good for 24ohp bone stock....we'll see.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2017 at 7:33pm
You need to check out River Dave's Place

River Dave's

There's a jet boat section and also a jet boat section of the forums Just jets is the forum section
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2017 at 5:41pm
Rotten stringers. No time or space for all this right now. Think I'll slap a few band-aids on it and use her for a few months.....boat seems solid and only needs a few fixes to be running. Can probably get a couple hundred pounds out of it too with light materials.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2017 at 7:57pm
at this time of year I would do the same thing
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2017 at 8:09pm

Rotten stringers. .

Chris,
With the Jacuzzi drive shaft driven with a U joint, I say rotten stringers are not as critical as a DD for alignment. Yes, I agree that the hull is pretty thick. Go for it!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 6:05pm
QUINNER! you are invited any time to come for a ride, you don't live that far away as soon as I get it out this year ill post some vids so you guys can see it run.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2017 at 1:02pm
I pulled out damp wood on both sides with the drill bit but they seem solid when I bang em with the hammer so I think it's good for now. It's probably got waterlogged foam in it too. I'll check the shaft alignment before I run it.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2017 at 3:33pm
Does anyone out there have a sketch of the batman windshield dimensions and/or a set of them or even the frames??
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2017 at 5:32pm
Guess I have something to do this winter now...

connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2017 at 12:16am
yes sir I do, I have had a set made from the originals. I own the mold that was used to reproduce them.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2017 at 11:20am
At this point I'm not planning on using those but I wouldn't mind knowing what you want for a set of them....do they have edge railings too or just plex?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic