NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mustang 17 rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2016 at 6:07pm
Was busy today punching holes in the rear seat back. Punched over 200   1 5/16 dia. holes Trying to keep everything as light as possible without compromising strength. Will try to do the seat bottom tomorrow. The back seat bottom will hinge forward so as to access rear bilge area. The seat back "keyholes" in on some pins. Ordered upholstery material yesterday. Blue.
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2016 at 3:15pm
Heading to upholstery shop with the front seat. Pics show frame only and frame with rigid backup foam. Original foam to go back in..
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 10:10pm
Seeing this makes me want to get my dad and I to redo the floor on our mustang.
1972 Mustang
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 4:47pm
Duane,
Nice fab job. keep the pictures coming.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 3:14pm
Front seat frame is fabricated all but the aluminum sheets for the upholstery to go onto. I will weld them into place and then clean up the weldment. Used 1 X 1 X 1/8 wall aluminum tubing. Hope to have rear seat frame done Friday and then deliver to upholstery guy Saturday. MUCH lighter than the original. Opted for a full front seat instead of 3/4 because it will fit our needs better. More pics to come. Duane
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2016 at 3:32pm
I have finally finished up the stringer and floor replacement job in my '78 Mustang. Not ready to do another one of these for a while. Will be building seat frames next. Re-gel top and bottom and then it will be on to updating and freshening the engine. Last pic is of the other "Mustang" I work on a 1979.
        1978 Mustang (modified)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic