NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thoughts on a boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2016 at 6:34pm
I have a friend who skied a lot and had a Prostar 190. His kids took up wakeboarding and he tried everything to get a decent wakeboard wake. At one point he had so much weight in the boat he realized the danger, gave up and got a wakeboard boat. The 190 or that NWZ won't give you that big rampy shape you are looking for. Sorry. Wood stringers are not the end of the world. If cared for, you will never have any problems. You sould buy a Nautique! Just make sure you get the right one.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2016 at 6:46pm
I remember how my Great-Uncle Jerry
would sit on the porch and whittle
all day long.
Once he whittled me a toy boat
out of a larger toy boat I had.
It was almost as good as the first one,
except now it had bumpy whittle marks all over it.
And no paint, because he had whittled off the paint.

- Jack Handey

Finka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2016 at 6:49pm
Would a 2001 hull be good for boarding?
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2016 at 6:52pm
Yes one of the best!
Finka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2016 at 6:54pm
Any thoughts on link of page 1?
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2016 at 6:54pm
Yes, the 2001 hull is known as a great "bargain" for those looking for an inboard wakeboarding machine. Even back in the slalom-only days the 2001 was known for having large, but soft, wakes. Now you can use that hull with only light ballast and really get a nice wakeboard wake.
Finka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2016 at 6:56pm
Anyone surf on them at all?
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2016 at 7:04pm
Finka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2016 at 7:08pm
Thank you
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2016 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Finka Finka wrote:

Andy,
As mentioned, a close up look is needed. For the price, it's most best find and the closest to you in the south east part of Wisconsin. See if you can contact the seller.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2016 at 10:28am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Andy,
As mentioned, a close up look is needed. For the price, it's most best find and the closest to you in the south east part of Wisconsin. See if you can contact the seller.

You can see a bunch of photos of that boat in the Pewaukee Ski Team Flickr Page

Being a sucker for White/Red/White boats I was thinking of picking that one up to clean it up and flip it. I contacted that guy a couple weeks ago and he got right back to me via email, seems like he is ready to move it. I'm assuming it's had a hard life as a old ski team boat but at the same time it's just a tub of fiberglass with an engine in the middle so it's not that complex of a machine. On the upside Looks like they had a marina sponsorship so maybe it was taken care of mechanically, and the "show must go on" so they probably had to take good care of it if they depended on it. Looks like they even had a show at Green Lake with the boat! Little tie-in to CCF there as that's where we have our reunions! I think it's worth a look for sure. Make sure that trailer isn't all rotted out.

2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2016 at 7:29pm
Thoughts on a 98 sport nautique for him? I think he found one in Texas he is interested in.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2016 at 8:54pm
98 Sport Nautique, probably gives him the most diversification as a do everything boat. BUT I might be biased...
schultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 4:08pm
if thats an 8/10
Finka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 4:27pm
For my needs would a decent condition 2001 Hull be probably the best boat, especially with my price range?
thanks
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 4:47pm
IMO If you're budget is $6000 consider spending $5000 and saving $1000 to fix whatever isn't working properly. For example, trailer bearings, lights, impeller, battery, tune up, gas, oil change, tach, fuel gage, ect, ect.

It's relativly simple to confim the condition of stringers in a 2001.

This 2001 looks to be in good shape and priced right.

Good luck and welcome.
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 4:58pm
The 2001 hull has become very popular mainly because it has a nice wake for wakeboarding for a reasonable price. I have a '92 NWZ and an '89 2001. We only use the 2001 for wakeboarding. We use two 400lb ballast bags. One on each side of the engine and it gives the wake a nice ramp. My son has surfed behind it but I would say that it is not that great for surfing.   Some guys put massive amounts of weight in it and build wave shaping plates that attach to the platform and have some success.   As far a boarding it will work for all skill levels. Without ballast it is good for newbies and with ballast it will keep advanced riders interested. It would be a better choice than a similar vintage Mastercraft unless you are primarily a skier then I would go with an NWZ or a MC.
Finka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 5:02pm
Thank you.
That boat is sold.
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 5:08pm
Here a 1988 2001 great deal if it's been taken care of. Maybe ask how the electronic ingnition is working for them.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 5:20pm
That looks pretty good. I have a mallory in mine and it hasn't been a problem.
Finka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 5:24pm
Any thoughts on this one..
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/5458454228.html
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 5:34pm
Looks like it has had a lot of work done. Maybe some painted areas. Backseat looks like it has been made to hold a ballast bag.   Personally I would look at the '88 it looks a lot cleaner but you could probably get this one for quite a bit less.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 5:42pm

Any thoughts on this one..
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/5458454228.html

Here's a direct link

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by DMH DMH wrote:

Here a 1988 2001 great deal if it's been taken care of. Maybe ask how the electronic ingnition is working for them.

He says it new so he probably hasn't found out yet!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by desertskier desertskier wrote:

Looks like it has had a lot of work done. Maybe some painted areas. Backseat looks like it has been made to hold a ballast bag.   Personally I would look at the '88 it looks a lot cleaner but you could probably get this one for quite a bit less.

Agreed. I suggest ruling out the 88 first. The 85 will prob be there for awhile.
Finka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 6:09pm

Agreed. I suggest ruling out the 88 first. The 85 will prob be there for awhile.
[/QUOTE]

What do you mean?
If the 85 can get for a good price, may have everything I need for a beginner boat and boarding?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 6:17pm
Most of us believe it is better to spend a little more up front for a better boat than buying a cheaper one and spending a ton of money on it and ending up with something that is not worth anything close to what you have put into it.   But you really can't tell what your getting into until you look at it and drive it. The '85 might be OK.
DMH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 6:23pm

What do you mean?
If the 85 can get for a good price, may have everything I need for a beginner boat and boarding?[/QUOTE]

My personal preference is original condition. My suggestion was to rule out the 88 first. Not to disregard the 85'. Let us know what you find out from the sellers.
terminaldegree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terminaldegree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2016 at 11:10pm
I'm digging that 88...
1996 Sport Nautique GT40/Acme 422
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2016 at 12:29am
Originally posted by DMH DMH wrote:

I am not an expert but this is relatively close to me if anyone is interested.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic