Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pitts. pa. get togethers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wfdavis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfdavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pitts. pa. get togethers
    Posted: March-06-2016 at 10:54am
any get togethers in pittsburgh pa. area
wfdavis
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2016 at 2:22pm
Hey Bill, it is a rarity but has happened.. lol. Where do you reside/boat? I don't keep my boat in the river, but frequent the Ohio a pool down from the city but have been all around Pgh.
JHadji View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHadji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 2:40pm
Hey - is there an engine mechanic you recommend nearby? Pleaseurecraft 351W
1988SkiNautique2001
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 6:10pm
What's the problem with the motor.
More info needed.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

What's the problem with the motor.
More info needed.

Hot engine restart problem still??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 6:59pm
Thanks Pete

John where are you located I could probably help you out on some minor things like the carb problem and such.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2017 at 2:01pm
Bueller ... Bueller :)
JHadji View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHadji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2017 at 5:09pm
I'm north (Gibsonia). Details: it starts up and runs fine, but when I shut it off hot (like to pick up a skier) it won't restart. It turns over at first but then tends to lock up after a few tries. If I wait until it's warm, it'll turn but not start. Eventually, when it's cool, it'll restart. The only diagnosis I've done is to pull the plugs and there was no water. It might be the carb or starter or both or worse. Unf I'm not an engine guy. It's all original w/electronic ignition I did myself (thanks to you guys here) and regular maintenance.
1988SkiNautique2001
JHadji View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHadji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2017 at 5:16pm
Would love to find a go-to mechanic I could trust nearby. If not, with a little wisdom from the sages around here, I've not been too afraid to change parts on my own.
1988SkiNautique2001
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2017 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by JHadji JHadji wrote:

It's all original w/electronic ignition I did myself (thanks to you guys here)   

When you did the EI, did you check the timing? Timing too far advanced will cause starting problems.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2017 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

When you did the EI, did you check the timing? Timing too far advanced will cause starting problems.

I was thinking timing as well...   
JHadji View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHadji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2017 at 10:04am
Yeah, adjusted it at the time but it's been a while and pretty easy to check again. Will let you know.
1988SkiNautique2001
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2017 at 1:05pm
John I'm just outside of Mars off RT 228 I could give you a hand figuring this out.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2017 at 1:08pm
While hard to diagnose without being there... sounds timing related. Has this always happened since the EI upgrade?

If you are unable to fix yourself, I'd go to Johnny's Marine Services, 88 Factory Street, Monongahela, PA.

Only PCM mechanic I'd trust.

AFTER PAUL of course! A pack of smokes and a 6 pack will have you sorted!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2017 at 1:44pm
Thanks Andy but I don't smoke anymore been over a year now.
A case of Molson Canadian goes a long way still

Oh yeah   LETS GO PENS !!!!!
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2017 at 3:42pm
Good for you paul!   But I don't know if I trust a mechanic who doesn't smoke...

Let go pens!
JHadji View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JHadji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2017 at 4:33pm
Paul - that'd be GREAT and you're really close. My email is jhadji2@yahoo.com. I sure do appreciate your offer to help me troubleshoot!
1988SkiNautique2001
phrnjohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrnjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2017 at 10:46am
Would definitely like to see something happen​ here in the 'burgh.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2017 at 12:09am
Look's like we're getting quite a few fans here in the 'burgh guess we'll have to start looking at some dates.
I'm heading for DCL tomorrow for a week but will be good after the 28th.
John I see your a nurse how is your during the week availability?
Where do you usually go? A friend of mine from your area and I have been hitting the pool up by the Fox Chapel yacht club.   
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2017 at 11:08pm
While we have a ton of thing going on, always, I am always down for something! Anywhere within strikin distance of city works! Fox Chaple pool is nice..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic