NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clinton Lake 5/20/16

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clinton Lake 5/20/16
    Posted: April-06-2016 at 12:39pm
Let's get the midwest season started. If you've never made it out to Clinton, you don't know what you're missing.

The Arrighis, Weitekamps, and Leinens have booked campsites A42, A43, and A44 for the weekend of May 20, which is the weekend before Memorial Day.

It's been too cold for too long. Excited to kick off the season. Hope to see a lot of you there.

Rob
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2016 at 12:52pm
We will be driving back to Roanoke, Va from Omaha, NE on May 17th. I wanna see my buddies.....anyone in that area during that time?.... or along the way?

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2016 at 1:03pm
"Used Boats"

Are there even any Excels left on the market?
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2016 at 1:52pm
LOL HW.... that tab is this............
Adirondack Rowing I was "keeping tabs" on their website waiting for my boat.... It recently was "delivered" - fancy huh? A boat was BROUGHT to me! It's a mess, but I can't wait to get it looking good and on the water!

As far as Excels, the market is pretty bare except for the wrapped ones I'm flipping in Alabama. I have a few Cali boats too..............

BTW - My this is my new project between problems in the DUI install..........

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2016 at 2:31pm
I'm guessing we won't make this one as it's 3 days after Zoe's due date. We'll be looking forward to a late fall trip to Clinton.

Steve - you're driving right by our place. We're about 5-10 min north of I-80 between Stuart and Dexter IA.   Let me know if you have time and want to stop for a boat ride.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2016 at 3:50pm
Mojo and crew won't make it.. I'll be in the Far East..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2016 at 4:23pm
Steve, I'll have my place by then and the boat will be there. Lemme know if you want to take a ride on the lake around here.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2016 at 4:39pm
Ooooh, my ears perked up on this. Let me run it by the tower/social committee.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2016 at 7:11pm
Was looking forward to this but will be in San Diego for work that weekend. Bummer!
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2016 at 1:12am
Will there be hot pockets?
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2016 at 10:21am
I got a campsite for Saturday night. Heading out early in the morning. Thinking about leaving the boat at home....
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2016 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by SWANY SWANY wrote:

I got a campsite for Saturday night.

Excellent. The more the merrier

Rob
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2016 at 12:13am
Plans or I would be coming. See you all at Green Lake ...
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2016 at 9:55am
volleyball tournament weekend for one of the kids, otherwise we would try to make it
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2016 at 10:42am
Well sorry but my booking agent mixed up the dates on a wedding so look's like I'll be doing the Chicken dance Saturday night instead of drinking happy juice round the camp fire. We'll catch you next time.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2016 at 11:10pm
That means extra hot pockets for Joel.

tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2016 at 11:11pm
we are going to try to make it down during the week if the weather cooperates
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2016 at 1:21am
Well, Rob and I talked and I think the Weitekamp and Leinen crew is going to shift plans around. We have a busy Friday with kids at school and I have to catch a plane Sunday at 2:00 so it will be a very crammed and stressful weekend so it just isn't going to work for our group. Very sorry but I have made reservations for June 10-12 in site A40. If anyone wants to join, get online...looks like a few sites left in that loop. We like that one for the fact kids can ride their bikes so we like to hang there. We can move though if a group wants to join in!! But I wanted to let people know in advance that our group along with the Leinens most likely won't be there.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2016 at 1:30am
10-4
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2016 at 9:16am
Sorry about that guys, I just booked a site for the June 10-12 weekend. We have no weddings, family reunions, graduations, confirmations,baby showers, first communions, bachelor parties or bridal showers that I know of.   I do need to cut my lawn but I'll work around that. See you then.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2016 at 12:36pm
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2016 at 12:59am
Not sure if anyone has been to Clinton Lake yet this year, but we made it down today for the afternoon. They don't have the heaters turned on yet. The lake was cool, but bearable, even on the "warm warmer side"

The reactors are not running apparently at the moment. I know there has been some press about the future of the Clinton Exelon plant but I don't know all the details.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2016 at 9:32am
Exelon Moves Forward with Clinton Plant Closure

Exelon Press Release

Not good news for the employees, families and communities effected and not good for warm water skiing in central Illinois
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2016 at 10:26am
Yeah it may still be a bluff by Exelon for subsidies but if it isn't we better plan for a major end of year Clinton blast and our final group hot tub soak.

Ps Tim or anybody, There will a small group of us out there this weekend. come on by if you can.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2016 at 12:06pm
Fun while it lasted..
Magic, you should set the date now so we can plan early for this last blow out....
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2016 at 11:59pm
No pictures..............must not of happened
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

No pictures..............must not of happened

You are correct    We'll put some dates out next week for our big fall bash but it is usually the first weekend following labor day.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 10:42pm
Alan, I don't think we will be able to make it down this weekend due to the girls' sport schedules. I hope you have a good time.

With the hot forecast this weekend, you won't need to rely on warm water. Although a co-worker was down last weekend and he thought they had turned on the furnaces, so you may have some warmer water after all, but they certainly weren't on when we were there a couple weeks ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic