Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

head gasket leak

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
larry williams View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larry williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: head gasket leak
    Posted: May-17-2004 at 9:40pm
got a leaking 351w that has a leaking head gasket on the left side of the engine. Is the replacement of the gasket pretty straight forward or is there any nasty gremlins that are going to bite me when I open her up! let me know

thanks- standing in oil
danman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2004 at 10:36pm
leaking oil??
make sure it is'nt the valley gasket for the intake manifold that is leaking and running down the head making it look like the head gasket is leaking. I have seen this alot!
larry williams View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larry williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2004 at 11:21am
I'm pretty sure it is coming from the head gasket. The oil is coming from the seam where the head and the engine block meet.

thanks- oil between my toes
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2004 at 2:31am
Run a compression check. Not on just the bank that is leaking, do all eight cylinders. Leaking oil can mean many things besides a gasket problem. Blow-by through the compression and oil rings can blow p.c.v. valves out!. not to mention oil out of hard brittle gaskets. If compressions is within 10% of each other,on all 8 cylinders, that would tell you that the gaskets are o.k., if not, Sorry babe, you got Gremlins.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic