NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mirror Suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mirror Suggestions?
    Posted: April-11-2016 at 6:35pm
I have a "regular" Cipa mirror on my Sport. With the center part of the windshield opening for the bow area, the mirror is mounted directly in front of the drivers seat.

When skiing it works pretty well. When driving not so good, folded down it's right in my field of vision, I tend to look out just over the windshield.

Is there a mirror on an arm that would be rugged, maybe would extend a bit to the left of the driver's windshield so better forward vision? I've looked at a few sites but hard to know what would work well. Any suggestions?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 6:40pm
You'd gain a few inches of real estate with the aftermarket bracket.

Let me have a crack at your old bracket!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 6:53pm
How tall are you? Why do you have it folded down when driving?
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 6:55pm
When I had my sport not teak I would mount to the center section of the windshield where you walk through to the open bow area    Actually get this with my 206 as well until I got the power mount mirror
I am not sure how frequently you open and close the windshield but this may work for you
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 7:10pm
I'm 6'2". Driving around with the mirror up really affects my field of view. Pulling skiers/boarders I usually hunch down just a bit so I see clearly through the windshield and the mirror as well.

In warm weather the center glass pretty much stays open, so that won't work. I hadn't seen that aftermarket bracket, might help a bit. I was thinking one of the mirrors on an arm might have a windshield mount, not just tower mounts.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 7:18pm
We had one of those Cipa's on our Sportster, but I was given an aftermarket mirror from my sons who got it from Zach. I don't have a picture of the boat with it or even remember what brand it is, but it mounts much higher and is a far better mirror. You ought to look into one of those.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 7:23pm
Yep, over and up.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 7:27pm
Bruce, was it just one Zach had or do they sell it at N3?

This shows the mirror orientation as it's set up now. This driver doesn't have the same problem though!

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 7:30pm
Doesn't Barefoot International make some kind of crazy long swooping mirror arm off the stock pylon??? LOL
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 7:37pm
Now that I have your design suggestion I can fabricate that mount out of pipecleaners.
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 7:43pm
I'm frugle..ok cheap, and went with the CIPA Comp II and mount it as far left on the drivers section. we had it on the section that opens, but just didn't like it over that far. I don't notice it when looking over the top of the windshield, but then again it's only 11". I cant find a good picture of it on the boat as i don't generally take pictures of that perspective.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 7:45pm
Dave, I believe it came from N3. Zach or Dave will probably chime in. It doesn't put as much stress on the windshield either.
I think it's one of these.
http://www.nautiqueparts.com/ptmproandelitepanoramicmirror.aspx
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 7:48pm
I use this CIPA mirror when we are skiing. Then unscrew it and stow it on the floor next to the drivers seat when we are done.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 8:06pm
That one at N3 looks interesting, nice profile and much wider field of view. I might give them a call. Zach, if you're out there let me know your opinion on it.

Jim, I've thought about removing it, but I figure I'd get tired of putting it on and taking it off. Need something with a quick release.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 8:41pm
David, the link is for Nautique Parts. It's a great mirror. Big improvement. Well worth the money. Call Townsend.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 9:06pm
Oops, my bad. I even have it open on a tab on my browser and still got the site wrong!

I'll give them a call. It's not like mine is awful, I just would enjoy something a bit less in the way. I think I'd like the added field of view just as much.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 9:34pm
You can see the skier all the way on both sides.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 10:43pm
Wonder when they are going to go with a rear view camera on the new boats? Think big screen on a G boat so all passengers can view the action, game changer
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Wonder when they are going to go with a rear view camera on the new boats? Think big screen on a G boat so all passengers can view the action, game changer

yup...this sounds just about the way these boats are goin...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Wonder when they are going to go with a rear view camera on the new boats?   

Or heated and cooled seats!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 10:12am
Heated seats and rear view cameras already available as an option on some new CC's, believe MC was the first one to offer a pylon mount camera as an option.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2016 at 10:37am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Heated seats on some new CC's,

You can sure tell I haven't been out shopping for a new CC!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2016 at 12:56pm
I bought the PTM Edge 100 degree mirror and mount, just put it on yesterday. I think I'll like it, will have to use it a bit to be sure. I opted to get the 100 degree as it's a big improvement over the old mirror (60 degree), but wonder if I'll wish I got the 140 degree. I didn't mostly because it looks so much wider. The mirror is crystal clear, you can see that in the picture.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2016 at 12:47am
what mirror?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2016 at 12:58am
HEY, that's my 13 year old you're talking about!

She's a great kid, we really have fun on the boat.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2016 at 9:11am
David
I have the 140 PTM and like it very much. The only draw back (for me) is how objects appear much further back.
Great units but customer service can use some help

Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

HEY, that's my 13 year old you're talking about!

She's a great kid, we really have fun on the boat.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2016 at 6:57pm
Well after some more use I really like it. The 100 degree sees a slalom skier at 15 off through the whole pass if you move just a bit side to side, it's just the last few feet to either side that gets missed if you don't move your head. Took a few runs to get used to looking higher up than I was with the old mirror, but really enjoying the clearer view over the windshield.

(John, hope you know I was kidding with my HEY comment above)
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2016 at 12:30am
I was lucky enough to win a PTM Edge 100 at the White Lake Mini 2015 and I love it. I would like to upgrade to the PTM 140 when I grow to be like Greg.

I can even see my good looking self while driving the boat.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2016 at 12:52am
Donald
I am glad I am able to serve as an inspiration to you. I will send you a piture of my current set up later this week. Just keep your mind wondering what it could be
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
southwind84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southwind84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2016 at 9:28pm
Looking for one myself.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic