NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LONG TIME EVERYONE...riser gaskets

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LONG TIME EVERYONE...riser gaskets
    Posted: April-14-2016 at 8:42pm
Well I hope that you old timers (and Hollywood) will excuse my long absence from this great forum, which by the way is the only one of which I've ever been a member. Even though I've rarely signed in over the past 5 or 8 years, I think of you fondly. I will understand if you think I"m just using you, and you don't want to answer. However....

I'm finally replacing my exhaust manifolds and risers. When I took the risers off, the port side had the rear water jacket blocked (with the gasket) and the starboard side had the front waterjacked blocked by the gasket. I probably could have just searched and found the answer to this, but I wanted to get a post up here. Are they supposed to be that way or are they supposed to be the same, and which way. Still in the 95 sport nautique.

And still have no mullet.

Dude out!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2016 at 8:52pm
Block the low side (rear). This forces water up over the top for more uniform riser cooling.

Since 93!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2016 at 9:08pm
David,
Welcome back. It's great to hear that you have thought of us during your absent years.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2016 at 12:53am
Holy cow...a Dude sighting.....

can't help with the riser problem...never venture under my motor box.

still got my mullet...Patti sez it is all white altho I like to think its just a nice shade of gray!

take care my Friend!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2016 at 5:59am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

still got my mullet...
john

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2016 at 7:07pm
Howdy partner. The Dude does not search.

Tim's got you covered. Block the crotch of the riser-manifold joint. Let the outline of the gasket match the outline of the riser (tab to tab).

Be well.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2016 at 8:04pm
Thanks everyone!
Tim: your 71 skier looks awesome and intriguing.
Pete: I'm trying to keep it original.
Jbear: keep the mullet.
HW: "the Dude does not search" That may be my new signature.

I called Vince at Skidim this morning to see if I could exchange the risers I have for the ones that are right for my boat. He noted it was a web order (i.e. I was the idiot who ordered the wrong risers, not them). And....get this...I ordered them in december of 2013. I guess I've had them a while. And NEVER looked at them . I probably would have them 2 years from now if friend hadn't shown up yesterday and said, "we're changing those damn manifolds you've had in your garage."
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2016 at 10:45pm
Geez Pete...couldn't you find a picture of me without a hat?

for comparisons sake: Patti and I with Mr Meloon at the Boat Show..mid 90's...I still got some brown.

my brother & I a couple years ago visiting Mr Meloon in his office at the factory...no brown left...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2016 at 1:39pm
awesome pics to have
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic