Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WOT Martinique w/new prop - rpm?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mandovoodoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandovoodoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WOT Martinique w/new prop - rpm?
    Posted: June-12-2006 at 10:41am
Got a cheapie ebay 13x13 on my Martinique, mainly so I could get the 13x12 that was dinged into the shop. Cruises wonderfully and very smooth now, but WOT is only 4000 rpm. This seems too low to me. The 13x12 when only slightly dinged (prior to hitting the submerged lawn chair) would give 4200 rpm, which seemed more like it. I was sort of thinking based on the obscure reading available that 4400 rpm would be optimum with a light load and WOT. Engine is running essentially perfectly.

351 PCM, 86 Martinique, no ballast tanks or anything, very clean bottom at this point.

Thanks for any suggestions. Maybe a 13 x 12 ACME would be better than spending the $ on my old prop, and I could put the 13x13 back on eBay.

www.mandovoodoo.com
mandolin research
1986 Martinique, TN
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2006 at 3:02pm
Glad it smoothed out for ya,theres alot of difference in props even of the same size.The amount of cup plays a big role,since I have no rookie drivers I like a little more rpm around 4800,did you notice alot of extra lift with the 13x13?I've had props that seemed to lift the rear of the boat usually when I didn't have the hp to pull them.Also a good prop shop can cut the 13x13 down for you so you'll have a good spare.

Good luck Munday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandovoodoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2006 at 4:41pm
This prop has a bit of cup. I wouldn't mind more rpm. I don't know much about these boats, but I can drive things well in general. The rear lift was obvious.

By cutting down, does that mean reducing in diameter?

Now I'm wondering whether to simply get a a 13x12 or 13 x 11.5 Acme. Difficult. I don't know this prop game very well.

Thanks!
www.mandovoodoo.com
mandolin research
1986 Martinique, TN
Martinique87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martinique87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2006 at 12:32am
I have a acme 542 on my 87 Martinique (351) and its WOT is right at 4400.

Tim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandovoodoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2006 at 6:58am
I think we'll go ahead and get a fancy new ACME. May well pay for itself in gas over the next 200 years!
www.mandovoodoo.com
mandolin research
1986 Martinique, TN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic