NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VDrive Impeller Replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VDrive Impeller Replacement
    Posted: June-16-2006 at 7:57am
Impellers are supposed to be replaced every 2 years in clean lake water , every 1 year in dirty river water. I live on a river and finaly replaced mine after 8 years . It still looked good to me . The worst thing for them is running in the drive way without water, they will burn up . The second worst thing is for them to sit for more than a year because the ears will be folded over for to long inone spot and dry out , crack and break off then you may have to take off all hoses after pump and look for pieces .

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
mayberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2006 at 10:01am
I haven't changed a Vdrive impeller, but it isn't difficult on a straight shaft motor. I wouldn't expect that it would be too difficult. I've owned a couple of Nautiques over the last 7 years, and they don't typically need replacing every year. If you crank your boat in your driveway without water circulating, it will burn up pretty quickly.
mjtrapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjtrapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2006 at 2:27pm
I have a '99 Super Air V-Drive.

Apparently I need to replacce the impeller. Do they go out every season???

Has anyone attempted to replace a vdrive impeller on their own? How hard is it? Looks to be in a super tight spot.

Thanks.
--
FL Daddy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic