NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Badin Lake Mini 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2016 at 4:17pm
Those two coves just above the camp ground are the typical ski cove destinations, so that traverse is made regularly.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2016 at 7:49am
For those traveling into town and looking for lodging options other than tents or floor space........limited rooms here but an option. The Badin Inn is about 7 miles away by boat or ~18 miles by car (must go around the lake)

http://badininn.com/stay/
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2016 at 10:33am
Greg - Sue -Kristin - Jake   Arriving Thursday PM, departing Monday. SN206,, '56 Chris Craft
Donald, Natalie, Kerry (Wife Sat. only) Arriving Friday evening to Sunday afternoon, 2002 Sport Cell 704-308-0002, Tent
Larry - Probably Friday, Saturday, Maybe sunday (commuting) 76 Tique
TimBob - Thurs-Sun, 72 Mustang
David & Ridgely - Sat and Sun - 1999 Sport
Jerry Hand & Wife - Tique
Sheldon Fickling & Haley Camp - No boat
Adam- tent? airbed? bathtub? no boat, arrival early and departure late
Brad- Saturday to Monday- Something Raunchy and a Lil Sketchy
Mindy Minter Acree - Friday, Sat, Sun - Traveling with Jim ______ (Badin Inn)
Jim _______- Friday Saturday,Sunday? Tique (Jim was at White Lake with Yellow .White Tique
Bryan Reese & Boys - Saturday 70's Ski Nautique
Justin Landers - Saturday - Hydrodyne XTB
Chad Colby, V, & DJ - Saturday - Hydrodyne #001 Prototype (traveling)
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2016 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

The wife and myself are planning on coming by and checking out the Badin Lake Mini. Came last year and had a great time, got to meet a lot of really nice folks, got to see some really nice Correct Crafts, I was the old guy with the red Ski Tique.

I was sure glad you came!   

Val is bringing her red '91 Barefooter Friday through Sunday... I'm just tagging along. Bringing the Truck and Nautique Camper. I expect the same place to dock the boat. .... LOL
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2016 at 2:40pm
I will be starting a meal planning thread for this event. Please check between threads to make sure what ever you sing up for you have a sufficient quantity......
Thank you
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2016 at 7:58pm
We are in. Arriving with the Pinkham/Fennessy convoy- target being fri eve maybe?

Sara is brainstorming meal stuff, will update when that's locked down.

331 Inca Skier will be in tow and ready for break in, if all goes according to plan.
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2016 at 8:18am
Scott-Gene Monahan Fri am-Sun/Mon? 89 Bfn, Tent
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2016 at 11:13am
Greg - Sue -Kristin - Jake   Arriving Thursday PM, departing Monday. SN206,, '56 Chris Craft
Donald, Natalie, Kerry (Wife Sat. only) Arriving Friday evening to Sunday afternoon, 2002 Sport Cell 704-308-0002, Tent
Larry - Probably Friday, Saturday, Maybe sunday (commuting) 76 Tique
TimBob - Thurs-Sun, 72 Mustang
David & Ridgely - Sat and Sun - 1999 Sport
Jerry Hand & Wife - Tique
Sheldon Fickling & Haley Camp - No boat
Adam- tent? airbed? bathtub? no boat, arrival early and departure late
Brad- Saturday to Monday- Something Raunchy and a Lil Sketchy
Mindy Minter Acree - Friday, Sat, Sun - Traveling with Jim ______ (Badin Inn)
Jim _______- Friday Saturday,Sunday? Tique (Jim was at White Lake with Yellow .White Tique
Bryan Reese & Boys - Saturday 70's Ski Nautique
Justin Landers - Saturday - Hydrodyne XTB
Chad Colby, V, & DJ - Saturday - Hydrodyne #001 Prototype (traveling)
Val is bringing her red '91 Barefooter Friday through Sunday (Steve will likely also show up)
Tim, Sara, Tique - 331 Inca Skier will be in tow and ready for break in – Friday afternoon - ?
Scott-Gene Monahan Fri am-Sun/Mon? 89 Bfn, Tent
JoeinNY – Friday afternoon – Sunday Morning – anything I can find at Reids that runs
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2016 at 9:16pm
All,
Looks like our friends at Alcoa are not going to let the lake levels come back up before the event. Current levels are down ~3' dispute the rains of this week.
Sooooo what does this mean:
> the water level is down ~ 3'
> we will be relegated to launch, ski and play on the water as water levels at the dock are iffy at best
> for those who have not been here before the ramp is ~ 1/4 mile from my place. There is reasonable parking at the ramp. I have plenty of parking at my house.

Cheers
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2016 at 8:54pm
Lake came up nearly 8" on this sunny Sunday. Let's hope the trend continues
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2016 at 9:16pm
Change of venue for Sat lunch. My wife, Ridgely, and I are going to host everyone at our house for Saturday lunch. We will be joining forces with Donald and his wife, Kerry, for the meal. We are hoping this will take a little of the work load off of Sue, Kristen, and Greg for an afternoon (they worked way too hard last year). Plus, our place is close to where all the boaters will be hanging out, so a shorter trip in for lunch. Most likely people will be hanging out in our cove or the one next to us, "skiers cove". From the lake my dock will have a Wake Forest flag flying and a purple HPU umbrella on the dock, along with my maroon Sport Nautique. Feel free to dock at my neighbors dock to the right of mine. See map below. I'll update the food thread next. It is about 10-15min from Greg's by boat or car. There is a gate. If you are planning to drive, text me later in the week or on sat and I'll shoot you the code. We have plenty of parking.

78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2016 at 12:15am
That right folks. You will finally get to witness a calm, polite, sober, and not so potty mouth Donald now that my beautiful bride of 23 years (Kerry) is coming to the event. I may need to wear a name tag so many of you will even know who I am.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2016 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

That right folks. You will finally get to witness a calm, polite, sober, and not so potty mouth Donald now that my beautiful bride of 23 years (Kerry) is coming to the event. I may need to wear a name tag so many of you will even know who I am.

Things just got interesting!! Sorry we will miss. Be safe have fun post pictures....
Js
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2016 at 8:08am
C'mon Cousin Donald....This ain't her first Rodeo with us CCFans. She's seen you two fisted with Miller Lites, carrying on in your normal fashion, and the only reason the your potty mouth cleaned up was because your Daughter(s) were around.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2016 at 9:51am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Lake came up nearly 8" on this sunny Sunday. Let's hope the trend continues

A check of the website this morning shows ~4" rise in water elevation over night.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2016 at 11:09am

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2016 at 11:14am
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2016 at 4:19pm
Room for plenty of boats. Neighbors dock to right is open for boats.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2016 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

C'mon Cousin Donald....This ain't her first Rodeo with us CCFans. She's seen you two fisted with Miller Lites, carrying on in your normal fashion, and the only reason the your potty mouth cleaned up was because your Daughter(s) were around.

She has only been to Reid's Lake Norman mini and I am bring her because JoeinNY does not believe that I am married since he has not ever seen her in the eight or nine years that we have known each other.   You are probably right, after a few adult beverages, the obnoxious Donald will rise to the occasion.   

She will not be joining me in shay la tent, she will just be there on Saturday so Sunday I can really let it all hang out.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2016 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by samudj01 samudj01 wrote:

Check that, my neighbor is staining his dock this Saturday, so my dock only. We should still be ok though. Room for plenty of boats.

Unacceptable - I am expecting delivery service from the pontoon.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2016 at 9:49pm
Ha...I pulled the pontoon to accommodate you, Greg! Really I pulled the pontoon to replace a fuel line that a muskrat chewed through...those little bastards
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2016 at 12:50am

she will just be there on Saturday so Sunday I can really let it all hang out.

OMG.....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
the grinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the grinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2016 at 3:49pm
I'm planning on coming for a day, just waiting to see what day the weather will be best!
It takes a big hole to bury an elephant.

Kirk Miller   [URL=http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/register.asp?FID=7]KIRKS79/URL]
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2016 at 4:29pm

She has only been to Reid's Lake Norman mini and I am bring her because JoeinNY does not believe that I am married since he has not ever seen her in the eight or nine years that we have known each other.    

This is the truth, I have recently confirmed that there is actually a Mrs. Riley, and a Mrs. 75 Tique. Now it seems I might get to meet Mrs. Donald80SN that’s a pretty strong showing in a month. I am starting to think people have the impression I am pretty serious with the current girlfriend and therefore it is now safe to bring their wives around me…
As for keeping on watch on the weather… definitely need to do that as us northerners don’t like hearing terms like “in the cone” and “state of emergency” applied to areas we are going to be in…

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2016 at 6:19pm
Yet you are perfectly fine referring to this as "Thursday"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2016 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

. I am starting to think people have the impression I am pretty serious with the current girlfriend and therefore it is now safe to bring their wives around me…

As for keeping on watch on the weather… definitely need to do that as us northerners don’t like hearing terms like “in the cone” and “state of emergency” applied to areas we are going to be in…

the nice young lady we met at the River? And Joe....Ms Patti has always felt safe around you.

we have been watching the weather here pretty close. There is definatly gonna be an effect...we just don't know how bad yet.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 12:31am
Come on up to Wisconsin. Sunny and 70s this week!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 12:29pm
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 12:53pm
Boo, nobody wants to see that.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 1:04pm
Its getting better all the time.. hopefully keeps going in that direction.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
  Share Topic