NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Badin Lake Mini 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Boo, nobody wants to see that.

Yeah, really. I was going to have a word with Greg about his salesmanship. Full disclosure I guess.

(Could your interest in this topic be a hint that you are thinking of making the trip?)

Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Its getting better all the time.. hopefully keeps going in that direction.

Not completely sure what you are getting at, but if it is the fact that the tracking models are starting to move the storm back into the ocean vs landfalling somewhere along the coast, then yes, things are looking up.

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 1:24pm
Well this is one way to get the Hurricane to show up at a Reunion.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 1:25pm
I am getting at that if you looked at the same forecast a few hundred times over the last couple days that it is indeed starting to look better... hopefully for everyone particularly those along the coast it continues to go that way.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 1:32pm
I can't make this one, with this forecast you better bring a spare distributor cap Larry.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 1:34pm
The rain was the final straw on the BFN Pro Tec last year.... We'll see how the DUI does this year! Hurricane rain is a good "test".......
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I can't make this one, with this forecast you better bring a spare distributor cap Larry.

Always have a spare six pack of them handy now.

OK, that's not true. For other reasons, I have a whole new distributor this year, (ends up the old one was an old piece of junk, broken in multiple spots) so hopefully those years are behind me. So last year, in my haste to address the problem, I stuck on the spare that I knew well enough to have on me, and was good to go. Meanwhile, Joe, takes a towel, dries my first one out, sticks it on Greg's "new" HM Mustang, and the thing ran like a scalded dog.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Yikes, barely 70 and rain.. Looks like Green Lake a couple of years....
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

[QUOTE=NCH20SKIER]

The above was provided for full disclosure - much like our current Presidential Race it depends on who you listen to as what the weather will be.
I will say that someone who is flying in from MO and provided weather information can be quoted as "I'll be the one to say it - the hurricane isn't going to stop us"

Will continue to watch the weather and lake levels- the lake is remaining pretty constant at -2' from full pond. There should be sufficient water depth at the dock but is doubtful the lift will be operational but will continue to monitor it.

My buddy Chad will be bringing over what is believed to be on of the original Hydrodyne prototypes - he actually has a letter from Ab Crosby confirming this. Pretty neat little boat
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 3:33pm
As Joe suggested, this is looking a lot better than it was a day or two ago.

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 4:08pm
This gang has been out in some pretty crappy weather but we always manage to have a good time. You guys will have a blast, wish we could make it.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 5:06pm
F Matthew, I'm going boating. #beacuseboating
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 5:12pm
But the boats might get wet :/

(make sure your electric bailers are working)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

F Matthew, I'm going boating. #beacuseboating

What he said^
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
relake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 7:28pm
Hurricane or not, this crew from SC will be there on Saturday mid morning......my carpet needs a good soaking anyways, because kids and goldfish
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 9:50pm
John(JDD33) Saturday to Monday , tent, no boat, traveling with Brad.
First time ever traveling To a hurricane party!
Old school goin back to school!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2016 at 11:23pm
John ( and Brad) ,

This is great news. Come on down !!!!!

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2016 at 1:15am
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2016 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

holy crap that's funny
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2016 at 10:06am
Some of us skied yesterday with no other boats on the lake- the rain gods held off until ~10 pm. Small gathering yesterday but anticipate arrival of others this am.
In support of our brethren who could not join us (for he is moving into his new home) Kristin whipped up this gem......

Fireball Cheesecake

More updates to follow
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2016 at 11:25am
That even looks good for breakfast!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2016 at 12:27pm
Scott & Greg

https://youtu.be/nZirdyryNGc
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2016 at 1:16pm
Due to Hurricane Matthew, lunch had been moved to Greg's.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2016 at 1:06pm
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2016 at 8:46am
Any more pictures? Despite the effects of Mathew, it looks like everyone made it through the weekend and I'm sure had a great time.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2016 at 9:11am
Pete et all,
Yesterday the sun came out and it was a day of play. I am hopeful that were several pictures to capture the action and good times. Some folks are still here for a Monday send off (or Tuesday).
A couple of new faces this year and some that were not able to make it back this year.
While the crowd was smaller yesterday was action packed on the water from ~8:30 until 8pm -
Will try to get some pic's/vid's up later this evening. That work thing is going to get in the way.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2016 at 9:21am
Teaser

[/QUOTE]

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2016 at 10:44am
funny watching the rooster tail of a bouncing boat
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2016 at 10:50am
I got back home this morning around 12:45 from a tiring extended weekend. Turning wrenches with Joe, Tim, Reid, Gary U, and Adam till the wee hours of the morning on TRBenjs skier for three days was certainly a fun time. Matthew definitely put a damper on the skiing and boating for the long weekend but as always it's the CCFans that make the best out of a any given situation. Got some pretty good pictures yesterday when the Sun finally came out to play. Pics to be posted later as the work thing gets in the way today. Big Shout out to the Fossets for hosting this event again and being great hosts for us all. I guess 3rd time is the charm for the weather conditions as the last 2 years we've had rain all day Saturday. You definitely don't wanna miss this event in 2017 cause if we have 3 sunny days it's gonna be a Mini of all ages. This one is quickly becoming a LPSL kinda weekend.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2016 at 11:25am
Before Tim chimed in, I was going to say he took a ton of pictures so we have that to look forward to. Packed a lot of activity into one day.

Speaking of...

Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

This one is quickly becoming a LPSL kinda weekend.

Greg got his HM Mustang fired up again.

Got a kick out of watching Greg's friend Carl's barefoot run. He really showed us how its done. Sheldon got a good video but unfortunately its on Facebook and not youtube, so I cant bring it over here.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2016 at 3:45pm
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ on the pics
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
  Share Topic