NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Distributor Clips

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
86ER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Distributor Clips
    Posted: May-16-2016 at 1:33pm
I've got an '86 PCM 351 with the distributor that uses clips to retain the cap. These are the clips that screw down to the distributor on one end. Does anyone know where I can get these? I can't find them anywhere.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2016 at 2:54pm
Try ebay.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2016 at 3:57pm
Probably NLA? Are they broken ? They tend to get bent and don't hold the cap down right. I stick them in a pair of channel locks and make sure they are at right angles top and bottom. Squeez down on them and they will satay at the proper angle and be tighter on the cap.
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2016 at 6:05pm

These?
I believe i bought some on amazon last season. I will have to look through my records to find the link
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2016 at 6:07pm
nope sorry got them from basic power industries.com

MAL9-26800      Clip Kit for Mallory Tall Cap 670
they were 8.95 but shipping was $12
But i needed them and $20 was reasonable to be back on the water.

IN the meantime though you can easily get away with positioning the cap and using long thin zip ties to hold it down. I have done that before and its a great short term solution
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2016 at 6:33pm
Those are for the Mallory dizzy not the factory prestolite
86ER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2016 at 10:09pm
No luck on Ebay unless I pick up a complete distributor, which I'm considering. My clips were a little loose with the new cap, so I tried tweaking them a little and one snapped, so yes I'm using wire ties to hold it down at the moment. Any idea if a 460 ci distributor will fit in the 351? There are several NOS units for sale on Ebay. I would imagine the advance curve is different, but that's easily corrected. I may just go ahead and get a Pertronix distributor. They are a heck of a lot cheaper than the Mallory.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2016 at 10:30pm
Ebay

Is this not it ?
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2016 at 10:33pm
I have a distributor I'll sell ya cheap needs the gear.

86ER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2016 at 7:32am
Let me know how much.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2016 at 3:01pm
PM sent
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic