Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad voltage reading & TPS alarm on 2003 216

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
leochavez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leochavez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad voltage reading & TPS alarm on 2003 216
    Posted: June-03-2016 at 1:18pm
I have a 2003 216 Team Edition and my voltage alarm (digital) as well as analogue gauge are reading at or below 10volts but the battery and alternator are 12.45v and 13.2V respectively. Brand new battery.
I have checked the power going into the gateway box and circuit breaker panel box under the dash (PME) and they both read 12.15V. The circuit breaker on the back of the engine reads 12.33V with motor off.

I was able to gain back a 0.1V at my dash kick board circuit breaker box (PME) [12.24V] by adding an additional ground wired directly back to the battery. I am not sure about wiring a positive line to the battery with out adding a fuse in between. And based on what I read in other posts this same procedure will need to be done for the gateway box or I will have to improve the existing ground connections somehow. I believe that these numbers aren't bad enough yet to be causing the problem with the voltage gauges, but may be a clue.

How does one reset the TPS see dealer alarm appearing on my Faria gauges? How is this alarm triggered. What will the dealer do to clear this code? I assume I have a faulty connection at the throttle position sensor connector.

How do you determine if your gateway box is bad or the gauges are bad?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic