NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Values?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bbasal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbasal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Values?
    Posted: June-08-2016 at 5:01pm
Does anyone have a website that they feel confident evaluating values of Nautiques? I'm looking at boats all over the place from 02-09 just not sure if the prices are fair. Any help would be helpful.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2016 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by bbasal bbasal wrote:

Does anyone have a website that they feel confident evaluating values of Nautiques? .

You're on it.!!!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2016 at 5:25pm
Hello,

I just responded to your Private Message. Feel free to give me a call. I looked for boats with www.oodlemarketplace.com. This site pulls from many for sale sites in one search. You really just have to start a file, even for boats that you are not happy with just to get an average of prices. Build you a library and you will know where you need to be.

I believe that a boats value is determined only by condition. You can have an older boat be worth more than a few years newer boat if it was taken care of. Hours do not scare me as bad as condition. Condition will give you a good idea as to if the maintenance was done properly. That is what matters.

I hope this helps,

Donald

Donald Tilley
Cell 704-308-0002
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2016 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Originally posted by bbasal bbasal wrote:

Does anyone have a website that they feel confident evaluating values of Nautiques? .

You're on it.!!!

Gun Driver is correct. You can go to the for sale section and look at sold and for sale boats to get a range of prices.

1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2016 at 5:29pm
This site for sale section can give you a pretty good starting point and generally the prices are far more reasonable then what you would see on Craigslist. If you are looking for something like Kelly Blue book, you aint gonna find it, these boat are not common enough to get an exact price it's really just a supply and demand thing. Look at what out there and figure out what you need and are willing to pay.

That said I would usually check the following places for listings.
- Correct Craft Fan
- Planet Nautique
- Only Inboards
- Ski it again
- Craigslist

Any idea what you are looking for Ski, Sport, Super Air?
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2016 at 5:30pm
It's really hard to get an accurate sold price. When an ad is updated from for sale to sold here, the asking price disappears. It's never shown the sold price either.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2016 at 6:01pm
IMO $$$ are on a bit of an upward trend on the asking prices for the 80's and newer models. As one example Seeing many 2001 models asking closer to 10k now a days where the average was a couple + k lower just a year or 2 ago. Would have to imagine the list price on the brand new stock is driving those numbers up, bone stock SNOB @ 73k MSRP

Ran the NADA on my 05' 206 and it comes in at 30k low 33k high, not sure I could get that?? If 32k was sell number essentially 600hrs and 11yrs so far cost about 14k.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2016 at 6:20pm
Even though the asking prices are typically higher than what a boat sells for, it would be helpful if they remained with the Diaries listing along with the list date once the boat has sold.

Chris, I agree boat asking prices have definitely crept up in the past year.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2016 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Even though the asking prices are typically higher than what a boat sells for, it would be helpful if they remained with the Diaries listing along with the list date once the boat has sold.

This would only be helpful for a short time... Perhaps 6 months to a year? After that, the data point isnt relevant for any boat that hasn't bottomed out yet (depreciating based on age rather than just condition). Older boats are valued more on condition than age, but prices still seem to be trending downwards on the NWZ's and 2001's (and of course, anything newer).
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2016 at 12:34am
Much like motorcycles... boat sales command top dollar in Spring-Summer.

Best deals are found in fall when boat owners will soon have to winterize/store etc.
Sampson 182 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sampson 182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2016 at 1:06pm
[QUOTE=quinner] IMO $$$ are on a bit of an upward trend on the asking prices for the 80's and newer models. As one example Seeing many 2001 models asking closer to 10k now a days where the average was a couple + k lower just a year or 2 ago. Would have to imagine the list price on the brand new stock is driving those numbers up, bone stock SNOB @ 73k MSRP

I agree. I have a 2001 hull SN and I have seen the prices increase on these as well as other older Nautiques. I have just recently started looking for a Ski Tique to add to my "fleet" and while I know the better the condition the higher the price but sometimes I feel like the prices are a little steep.
1987 Ski Nautique 2001

Sampson 182 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sampson 182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2016 at 1:08pm
Sorry guys I'm still learning the quote thing I meant to use Quinner's quote.
1987 Ski Nautique 2001

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic