NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Clinton 2016 Fall Bash

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake Clinton 2016 Fall Bash
    Posted: June-13-2016 at 8:31pm
We're going to change things up just a little bit this year due to our schedules. This years "End of Summer" bash at Lake Clinton, Illinois will be the weekend "BEFORE" Labor Day. instead of following the holiday like we normally do.

There were just too many conflicts to keep that same date so we moved it. We're also going to move a few sites down in the A loop to better accommodate the large group we hope will join us.

We've booked Sites A 26,27 and 28. These 3 sites will allow us to have a real nice large open area in the center of them for our Saturday night Pot Luck Dinner.

If you think you will joining us we urge you to book your site NOW so we can reserve the entire loop for ourselves. Safer for the kids to run around if it's just us in the whole loop and if you happen to get caught walking around your campsite naked well it's just us and we've probably already seen you naked anyway.

So take a look at the map below and Grab up sites A29 through A33 ASAP.
To reserve go to Reserveamerica.com

Don't forget now, the power plant is scheduled to shut down next June so this could be the last nice fall soak in 95 degree water for all of us. We always have a blast so please come out and join us.

We will post more information and start a Whatchabringing list for the Potluck as we get into August. Have a great summer and we hope to see you in August.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2016 at 8:32pm
If someone could fix that link for me I can't seem to get it right from my phone. Thanks
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2016 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

If someone could fix that link for me I can't seem to get it right from my phone. Thanks

reserveamerica.com

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2016 at 10:27pm
A29 booked

Rob
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2016 at 10:58am
A31 is booked
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2016 at 10:06am
Just to be sure we're talking August 26-28th correct?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2016 at 10:52am
Originally posted by SWANY SWANY wrote:

Just to be sure we're talking August 26-28th correct?

Yes Sir!
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2016 at 4:02pm
Bump
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2016 at 6:29pm
Just to let everyone know, we have 26 and 27 reserved under our name. We only need one so if somebody wants either site just let me know. We can settle up during the weekend but we should put someone from our group in one of those sites!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2016 at 6:51pm
I took #30
southwind84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southwind84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2016 at 9:31pm
About how many people,boats show up here?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 2:33pm
From the looks of who confirmed so far around 5. Last year there were 9 or 10 but the Buckethead is same weekend so I think we have some going that way this year.
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 6:07pm
We have 6 confirmed boats and families plus we may have a Stang72 appearance. If Southwind84 joins us I think that qualifies as a party.   I think the pre labor day date really has some conflicts but it's the best we could do this year.

So I think the best approach to Saturday night dinner is to bring your own grilling meat and maybe something to pass around. We'll supply the grills and go from there. Anyone who's been to one of our Clinton Bashes knows how it works and we always have a blast no matter how many show up.

To start a quick list we'll bring sweet corn and a pasta salad.

SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 8:05pm
Spoons, , Il bring spoons, maybe forks if I feel I need to offer more but no guarantees....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 8:23pm
I figured you would bring Hot Pockets for everyone!
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2016 at 9:43pm
I have put very little thought into this but I think this might work better for that late night drinking snack called a hot pocket over the fire

After several beers I decided to bring chips and some sort of veggies. I'll come Friday night and "SUPPOSEDLY" my wife and kids are coming Saturday morning.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2016 at 12:00am
I think Todd had something similar last year.
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2016 at 10:57am

To start a quick list we'll bring sweet corn and a pasta salad.

We'll bring salad and grill some veggies. And brownies

Rob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2016 at 1:30am
Looks like Norm is bringing cookies and I will bring a dish TBD.
Should roll in Fri afternoon sometime.
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2016 at 11:10am
Sorry guys, I'd love to come down but can't get the 211 down there and the 73' is still sick.. Going up to GL to play up there before the final kick next weekend. You all have a great time down in the warm water.. Sure hope they keep the plant open down there so we can continue to plan for next Spring !!!
Drive safe/Boat safe.....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2016 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Sorry guys, I'd love to come down but can't get the 211 down there and the 73' is still sick.. Going up to GL to play up there before the final kick next weekend. You all have a great time down in the warm water.. Sure hope they keep the plant open down there so we can continue to plan for next Spring !!!
Drive safe/Boat safe.....

Moj'

hey we'll miss you Mojo,
Plant closing is set for June so we'll have at least one more shot in the spring.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2016 at 1:35pm
I think we're in. The boys have stuff going on Sat morning, so we won't get there until the afternoon. Looks like site 33 is still open, so maybe I'll try to grab that one.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2016 at 10:29pm

Plant closing is set for June so we'll have at least one more shot in the spring.

Closing down the power plant? How will they replace the power? Is it an older plant? Pretty costly to close those down.
Plus..how could they even think of messin with your warm water?
There goes my only chance for warm Northern water...haveta cross this off the bucket list. Darn.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 11:07pm
Norm and I
Cookies
Baked beans
Potato salad
Cheese and cracker tray.
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
GMacLaren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMacLaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2016 at 8:56pm
Water temperature today - - - east of Friend's Creek Road Bridge -- Clinton Lake.
-=Grant MacLaren=-
Retired Expert
http://www.grantmaclaren.com/72skier
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2016 at 8:35am
Anyone have any pictures to post?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
GMacLaren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMacLaren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2016 at 1:26pm

The University of Illinois' rowing teams were on the east end of the lake:

MacSkier is running great -- better than I ever expected.
Added three hours at Clinton. The first (recently new) hour
meter quit at 43 hours. I'll guess the engine now has about 60
hours on it.

-=Grant=-

-=Grant MacLaren=-
Retired Expert
http://www.grantmaclaren.com/72skier
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2016 at 3:13pm
Wish we could have joined everyone! Hope everyone had a great time and made it home safe and sound.
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 3:36pm
We sure missed the Lk Clinton trip and especially not seeing everyone this year (even you Todd). We haven't missed at least one trip to Clinton every year since our first adventure there, if my math is right, 7 years back. If you're in range and haven't made the trip, get there before they turn off the heat, it's well worth it. Don't worry about the green glow that wears off within a week or so...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic