Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it worth m easing with

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bratzler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bratzler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it worth m easing with
    Posted: June-16-2016 at 1:34pm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262482597109?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Im interested in this boat just concerned about the hull condition

And nnaturally the engine is a gamble but don't want to buy the boat and realize neither the motor or hull is usable.

I geuss my main question is does the hull from the pics look usable or trashed.
any other thoughts are welcome.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2016 at 1:51pm
No offense but looking at those pictures it's pretty sad. Even if the engine was free your not going boating tomorrow. You could get upside down really quick and really not have much in the end. These early hulls suffered from gel cracking that don't show up well in 20 foot pictures. Those stringers would be a great start for a career in mushroom farming. If it had an oem trailer the whole rig might be worth your 100 bucks IMOH. Buy the way it's closer to a '64 ish,.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2016 at 2:03pm
If you lived nearby, and can work on parting it out, it would be worth messing with. As a base for restoration - a poor candidate. I'm with Gary - It is sad.

BTW - Not a 1950 CC. There is a lot in that boat that isn't as advertised, I'm sure.
bratzler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bratzler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2016 at 2:48pm
Kinda what I thought.. love the setup and look .
Want one with good bones. Kinda really like the old classics
Curently own a 1962 lone star malibu with a 1963 merc500
Now just need a little bit more boat
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2016 at 3:05pm
Don't know if it's more boat than what you have now, those hulls are small. I'll have google your boat for a look. The Gray Marine in that boat was around 70 elderly horses, good for around 35 mph down hill The same exact boat got me into this Correct Craft mess in the first place, would love to know the hull number.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
bratzler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bratzler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2016 at 7:00pm
The lone star boat is 14 ft closed bow with a 5ft beam
It's the kind of boat that teaches you true boatsman ship or sinks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic