Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

steering cable

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: steering cable
    Posted: June-18-2006 at 7:51pm
Does anybody happen to know what length steering cable is in a 1976 ski nautique and what brand steering controls are used?

Rob
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2006 at 10:11am
Pull a tape from rudder to steering wheel then add about 8 or 10 feet. The throttle cable is 17 foot. If your steering cable is white, you have to get a clevis kit.
Tim D
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2006 at 1:25pm
Woody at Southeast CC can give you a complete list of parts required. He saved me some grief when I replaced my cable. Turns out a new tube was needed and Woody was the only one to explain that to me.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2006 at 1:29pm
I've got one out of an '81 that would work, cable and the helm minus the steering wheel if your interested.
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2006 at 12:18pm
Let me tear into mine first and make sure that is the problem, and then I will let you know.

Rob
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2006 at 12:27pm
it should be a teleflex model, what kind of problem are you having?
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2006 at 1:44pm
The wheel turns freely, but the rudder doesn't, I am pretty sure that the cable broke but first I want to make sure that a pin or nut didn't come out or break.

Rob
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 10:29pm
This has probably been covered but my google search came up with this thread so I'll continue with it. Will this 17' Teleflex $100 cable work?   Seems significantly cheaper than most. I'd assume I already have the clevis kit. Not having any problems but am on borrowed time.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2015 at 10:52pm
Yes that's the one you want.
Cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 1:36am
Grand Poobah,
The boat pictured in your profile looks like my '69 Barracuda. Please see my new post about steering cable replacement that has me baffled. Thanks!
Ron, happy owner of '69 Barracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic