Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - First Annual Texas Reunion 9/23/17 Canyon Lake TX
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First Annual Texas Reunion 9/23/17 Canyon Lake TX

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 12:40am
I am interested. keep the details coming
83Ski
ryanibanez88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanibanez88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 2:08am
We are all meeting Sep 23 at Party Cove on lake Canyon.
Starting at about 10am. Please email me for exzact location on the lake we are meeting and available ramps to use. All Correct Craft welcome!
Email me at.   Ryanibanez88@yahoo.com
Ryan
1997 Ski Nautique
Midland Texas
chau8238 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chau8238 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 4:04pm
Hey, I don't know if I'll be able to make the meet as it's getting close and I'll be pretty busy the next month or so.   I just bought an orange 73 Mustang 16 on Saturday 8/12 and tested it on the water 8/13. It has some issues, but overall a decent start.   But I am in Houston and normally go out to San Jac River near Crosby (below Lake Houston).   
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 9:42pm
Just curious how Harvey may have affected the plans for this really cool event. The eye candy of the beautiful old SN with the bimini really looks nice by the way. Did Canyon lake take on a lot of water or was there some good fortune there?
newguy1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newguy1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 11:00pm
Im still planning on going. I have my hotel booked.
1986sn 2001
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2017 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by chau8238 chau8238 wrote:

Hey, I don't know if I'll be able to make the meet as it's getting close and I'll be pretty busy the next month or so.   I just bought an orange 73 Mustang 16 on Saturday 8/12 and tested it on the water 8/13. It has some issues, but overall a decent start.   But I am in Houston and normally go out to San Jac River near Crosby (below Lake Houston).   

Sorry, little bit of a threadjack, but when I read San Jac river near Crosby, I had to comment. Lived in Houston in the 80s. Either went to the San Bernard down by Brazoria, or the San Jac at the old 90 bridge. Mostly after work, since it was closer to town. Would put in at that bridge, doesnt look like that ramp is there anymore, or up an what used to be called the "good times marina" which isnt a marina at all but a bar with a ramp. Skied many a mile on those upper stretches of the San Jac. Including one of my most memorable outings when I was footin' and hit a board with the pointy end of a bent nail sticking up out of it. A trip to the hospital and 31 stitches later to fix my heal that was swinging off my foot like a broken shutter and I was good to go.
ryanibanez88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanibanez88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2017 at 12:40am
I'll be there here are the latest details

We will meet Saturday Sep 23 at Crane's Mill Marina at 10:00am on lake Canyon. 6440 Cranes Mill Rd #1 canyon lake tx. The Marina has agreed to let our group launch for $10 a boat and has allot of parking. We will launch and boat over to party Cove around 10:30am and hangout. 1pm optional BBQ lunch at Baja BBQ shack at Canyon Lake Marina.
Ryan
1997 Ski Nautique
Midland Texas
chau8238 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chau8238 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2017 at 11:09am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Sorry, little bit of a threadjack, but when I read San Jac river near Crosby, I had to comment. Lived in Houston in the 80s. Either went to the San Bernard down by Brazoria, or the San Jac at the old 90 bridge. Mostly after work, since it was closer to town. Would put in at that bridge, doesnt look like that ramp is there anymore, or up an what used to be called the "good times marina" which isnt a marina at all but a bar with a ramp. Skied many a mile on those upper stretches of the San Jac. Including one of my most memorable outings when I was footin' and hit a board with the pointy end of a bent nail sticking up out of it. A trip to the hospital and 31 stitches later to fix my heal that was swinging off my foot like a broken shutter and I was good to go.

Good times Marina is still there as of 2 weeks ago, not sure how they did with the flooding. I normally launch there, but there's another ramp right off of old 90 called Loves Marina as well.   

As for the meetup at Canyon lake, right now I plan to be out there. I still have some work to do on the boat and trailer before it's ready, but I'm planning on going.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2017 at 12:46pm

Good times Marina is still there as of 2 weeks ago, not sure how they did with the flooding. I normally launch there, .

Before doing that post above I went to Google maps to remind myself of some things. Their image has been updated since the storm. I couldnt believe the flooding. A lot of the river front neighborhoods are under water.

chau8238 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chau8238 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2017 at 4:15pm
The flooding is definitely unreal, I took my boat out to San Jac on Sunday and so much has changed, I had to take it easy and stay in the channel taking it easy. I wanted to get down by old 90 and new 90 but there's now new obstacles in the way and without a depth gauge, I didn't want to chance it. I'll wait until my buddy takes his fishing boat through there.

Anyways, I just bought new hubs and tires for my trailer, converting it from 4 lug to 5 lug since I needed new tires anyways and a spare, I just opted for the upgrade. Also picked up new lights since one brake/turn went out on me. I'm excited to be at Canyon Lake this Saturday, hopefully my boat runs a bit better, still having carb issues.
newguy1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newguy1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2017 at 12:39pm
Well it happened. Only three boats but we had a good time.

1986sn 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic