Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No temp reading

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BaccoBouncer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaccoBouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No temp reading
    Posted: June-18-2016 at 8:36pm
'97 Sport nautique PLL Injected motor. I have a dead temp gauge. I did a bit of research so I could start diagnosing. I found out that the motor has two temp sending units, one for gauge, one for injection. Are these the two units and which is which? "A" "B"
There is also a sending unit (two wire sealed plug) at the top of the motor near the intake manifold and what I think is a water channel. What is this? "C".
I am going to change the impeller and looked up some posts and videos on it. None of the motors I see had a configuration like mine. Many had the water pump on a bracket. Is the thing I circled in Red my pump? If so what is the top pulley for? looks like teh water channel goes there as well?

Is this a Ford or GM based motor?

Thanks,
Adam

'97 21' Sport Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaccoBouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2016 at 8:39pm
I know that the switches on the dash also work as circuit breakers. Does this mean that there is no fuse box? I took a look around and didn't see one?

I forgot to ask about a way to test the temp gauge. Once I know which wire it is how can I test the gauge? i assume it's measuring resistance. If I short the wire to ground will it spike or is that a bad idea (cause damage)?
'97 21' Sport Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2016 at 8:59pm
It's a Chevy,the pump on the crank is the raw water pump,pumps water out of the lake your in the pulley's run the circulating pump that makes the water flow thru the block. Correct on how to test the gauge,remove wire from sender and ground it and turn the key to run.
Circuit breakers take the place of fuses
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaccoBouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2016 at 9:02pm
Raw water goes through the engine right? So the pump on the crank is a primer and the upper pump is the high pressure pump? Both have impellers that need to be changed?
I don't know which sensor is the gauge and which is for the ECM. i don't want to freak out the ECM by grounding the wire to it. "A' "B" ?
'97 21' Sport Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2016 at 9:08pm
I have no idea which sensor is which,I don't have a Chevy. The crank pump is a pump that creates pressure and has a rubber impeller. The excess water from this pump goes to the exhaust all the time. The block water pump just pushes water thru the block but with out much pressure.It has vanes in it made out of brass usually and has no user serviceable parts,They might start to leak or make noise and are just replaced
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaccoBouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2016 at 11:03pm
I cleaned off the contacts at the sensor and got it back.
'97 21' Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic