NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fish Rudder

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fish Rudder
    Posted: June-24-2016 at 7:02pm
I have a test rudder that i made left over from my fish that I will no longer be using. Maybe it will be a good backup for someone or if its freshwater use as a main rudder.
I don't have a clue what a spare rudder would be worth to someone. as long as its worth my time to bring it to the PO. It should fit in a board game $18 flat rate.

the reason i say fresh water use is the rudder itself is made of standard cold rolled steel not bronze or stainless. the shaft is stainless though.
I ran it in my fish to see if i could improve the tight quarters maneuverability and it DID improve it. over the 11a rudder.( cannot say if its better than the larger fish supplioed rudder from factory though).
The square on the shaft is a little askew from the factory so you need to adjust the throw on the cable hold down block but it does not change the side to side movement at all. i would say its off center about 20 degrees.

$100 best offer and i'll ship it anywhere. and i stress Best offer.

here is my thread when i built it
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30965&PN=1&title=lets-talk-rudders

1988 Barefoot nautique-454
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic