Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Terrible Nautique Representative

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
spiralhelix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terrible Nautique Representative
    Posted: June-28-2016 at 9:04pm
This was posted over on the MC Facebook site, i hope im not reposting it here. Always a sad day to have a fellow Nautique owner careless.

Motorcycle Highway Accident
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 10:28pm
That ought to be a slam dunk lawsuit when they find the ***************.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 10:39pm
Wow, that was really scary.   Could have been much worse.   Strap everything down tight, this could have been avoided.
Airfooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 10:43pm
I like how the local news stations only quote the State Patrol stating that the SUV didn't stop and the driver may not have known that the water may fell off. So what? Maybe they should focus their attention on finding the irresponsible individual instead of making excuses for them and making it sound like its acceptable as long as they didn't know it happened. Also, how about use this as an opportunity to remind people to tie their crap down! Terrible Minnesota representation...
1992 Nautique Excel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 10:58pm
News link

I white knuckle drive when im towing and usually pull over at 5 miles and 10 miles to check my tiedowns/load. I feel like a worry wart until i see stuff like this.
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2016 at 11:55pm
Yikes! Put it inside the boat!!
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 12:10am
everybody knows you don't tow floaties on the platform, too light, cooler only. if it's full you don't have to strap it down, so bonus.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 12:14am
Very sure I wouldn't be following that at any distance on a motorcycle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiralhelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

i thought the same thing.

Are floaties a step up or down from tubes?
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 12:28am
They should be able to locate that boat owner from the video.

If he had any decency, he would turn himself in.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 1:10am
He will be easy to find. Just look for the guy on FB complaining someone stole
His floatie Mat!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 6:57am
Originally posted by bb12 bb12 wrote:

Yikes! Put it inside the boat!!

Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

everybody knows you don't tow floaties on the platform, too light, cooler only. if it's full you don't have to strap it down, so bonus.

Technically, nothing extra should be in the boat. That Natique owner is an idiot! I sure hope he's not one of us! If so,

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 8:38am

So true, and that was so avoidable it wasn't even funny. It's like the motorcyclist target fixated on the float and ran it right over.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 9:11am
Originally posted by JPASS JPASS wrote:

So true, and that was so avoidable it wasn't even funny. It's like the motorcyclist target fixated on the float and ran it right over.

The rider posted on Reddit, he was a new rider. Only had the bike 2 weeks.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 9:55am
Motorcycles, side by sides and stupid people = job security for me
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 10:33am
Most likely a 99' Sport/Air but could be a 98' or 00', Gen 2 tower says 00' or not the original. looks like he has a snap cover, so a bunch of snaps just above the rub rail, ugh, Trailer is not even close to level, doh.
Agree the chopper guy was following something he should have avoided and worse yet closer then is safe even if stuff wasn't falling off.
Those mats are $$$, that guy was probably ticked off when he realized it was gone. Just a warm up however, social media will likely bring the entire event to his attention, that should be the real wake up call for him.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 10:52am
Why the heck is he traveling in the left lane with a trailer when he's not overtaking there's a wide open center lane for him to cruise in and get out of everyone's way.   The motorcycle came up on him too quickly but reality is the boat shouldn't have been in that lane anyway.

How much stuff do we have to bring to the lake to have fun?
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 11:15am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Those mats are $$$, that guy was probably ticked off when he realized it was gone. Just a warm up however, social media will likely bring the entire event to his attention, that should be the real wake up call for him.

LOL...we could only hope CQ.
A moron like that would just laugh it off and never realize that he's the one being targeted out on social media.

I'm sure he had tubes stuffed under the cover and was totally proud of himself he found another option for the floatie.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 6:00pm
+1 on stop 10 mins into journey from lake etc to double check everything! Takes a minute to stop and check everything.

The strap on ports side came loose from wind...
He was overtaking the vehicle recording event so no problem with him in the left lane...

That biker was dumb for:
- wearing shorts
- following so close behind
- not reacting correctly once he saw the float mat fall off platform
- jumping like a lazy wuss!!! sitting on his but...

Obviously a lousy rookie rider! Like Paul said... idiots keeping emergency response people busy and fully employed!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 6:14pm
He has plenty of time to go left instead of right if he'd been studying the thing coming his way. He was smart enough to be wearing a helmet. I give him 1 star for that move.

I am waiting for someone to notify us all of the boat puller to get caught.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 6:15pm
Seemed fine to me that the tow vehicle was in the left lane. I also am not sure the motorcycle was too close, the perspective from the dash cam is hard to judge. Maybe as a new rider the guy was going too fast, but I don't have perspective on that either since I don't know how fast the dash cam car was going.

All in all, I have a hard time blaming the bike rider for this. He has a quick split second to decide where to go, even experienced riders can guess wrong with a flying object in front of you. To me it's 100% the fault of the idiot tying crap to his platform.

I'm another one that checks 10-15 minutes into the tow to double check all is secure.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 6:21pm
Clearly it's the tow vehicle's fault. I think many of us are saying this wasn't terribly hard to avoid though...
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 6:40pm
I watched it 4-5 times. I used to ride a bit, and I know that at 60 mph tossing a bike around to avoid flying objects probably wasn't my forte. It isn't just "which way does the ***************g mat sail?" it's also which cars are in which lanes, is someone coming up behind me, etc. I watch that guy do 8 barrel rolls on pavement and have nothing but sympathy for him.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 7:05pm
My comment about the trailer being in the left lane has little bearing on why the accident happened but once he passed the dash cam car he had plenty of time to move right and get out of the way of faster traffic. Right up until the video stops he is still in the left lane and makes no indication of moving over.
Left lane is for overtaking, pass and get back to the right so faster traffic can get by.   Basic rules of the road.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 7:08pm
barrel rolls are boring, how about that AIR he caught?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 7:31pm
Would have been awesome if he'd have powered through it an landed it. Wonder how long it took the EMT's to paper scissors rock that thing into somebody's collection of valuable road debris.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by AAM196 AAM196 wrote:

+1 on stop 10 mins into journey from lake etc to double check everything! Takes a minute to stop and check everything.

The strap on ports side came loose from wind...
He was overtaking the vehicle recording event so no problem with him in the left lane...

That biker was dumb for:
- wearing shorts
- following so close behind
- not reacting correctly once he saw the float mat fall off platform
- jumping like a lazy wuss!!! sitting on his but...

Obviously a lousy rookie rider! Like Paul said... idiots keeping emergency response people busy and fully employed!

former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 9:39pm
god.. that has to be the most liberal response i have ever seen.   
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 9:47pm

barrel rolls are boring, how about that AIR he caught?

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2016 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

I watched it 4-5 times.

That is it? I must have watched it 45 times... and yeah, I feel bad for the kid. Few years ago, some tree service guys lost their tree shredder (weren't using safety chains) and killed an entire family.

Still... you can count to 5 Mississippi from the time the mat touches the pavement until Evil makes contact. His brake like comes on... but doesn't appear to shed any speed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic